Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr David Healy

Hi!

Sorry I cant anderstand what means :
    If I can help people who visit the surgery I go to by getting my drs to understand than thats progress in our mission right?
    Do you mean surgery could help us? (google translate )

be careful with Healy, because with his website he is seaching guinea pigs for his trying, he is for electro convulsive therapy, another bad thing
    It really is extremely disappointing to her ... and very disturbing. Based on what arguments he promote such things? I am very interested to know (the hospital psychiatrist insisted me to undergo ECT and made me very expensive exams, including a brain scan, against my will, to prepare myself) revenat in my house, I inquired about this practice, that's what I found! (documents in French, sorry)

http://www.slate.fr/story/43789/elec...cs-psychiatrie

http://www.mensongepsy.com/fr/attent...iel-quebecois/

http://www.actionautonomie.qc.ca/par...ernargumen.pdf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7drWkMW4o0

My esteem for him suddenly down .. But it at least has the merit of recognizing the very serious side effects of antidepressants and their withdrawal and denounce Lobie pharmaceutical companies. It also has the merit to say loud and clear .... (it does not have bodyguards?? )

Iggy, I hope you can find what you're looking for with Dr. Healy, and you'll feel better soon!

Good luck.

Dédé

Sorry Dede, I guess thats a very english term.

In england the drs surgery is the place all the drs are, the practice, the building.

I mean if the drs who work in the place that I go can be educated then thats a good thing!

I wont let Healy near my brain with his electric probes *shudders*

Nor will I try any meds.
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Quote Originally Posted by Dédé View Post
    My esteem for him suddenly down .. But it at least has the merit of recognizing the very serious side effects of antidepressants and their withdrawal and denounce Lobie pharmaceutical companies. It also has the merit to say loud and clear .... (it does not have bodyguards?? )
    I must admit - when I heard about Dr. Healy's stance on ECT, I was disappointed too. But, what is very important, he voices his opinion very strongly about the destructive force of ADs. That's a good part. I'm also certain he will come round as far as ECT is concerned. Sometimes more time is needed.

God almighty, so good to hear, Dear Dédé, you were able to avoid it (ECT). And, they wanted to do this against your will ----> barbarism.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Thank you very much for these explcations Iggy! I do not master English well!

I wont let Healy near my brain with his electric probes *shudders*

Nor will I try any meds.
    Fortunately, Iggy!

ECT, there are some people who think that it can heal, but given the effects on mortality and the fact then we are still obliged to continue taking psychotropic ... it seems very doubtful as technique (again, this method was discovered by chance in slaughterhouses to make animals more docile before death!)

As for medications, your resolution is good! I hope that Dr. Healy will help you with your withdrawal!

Good day to you!
    "When the last tree has died, the last river poisoned, the last fish caught, only then will you find that money can not eat! " Cree Indian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAjtVMhQyWw

Hi Luc,

Yes, they are barbarians want to do against the will of the people! They even made ​​the emotional blackmail, saying that by refusing ECT, I continued to hurt my family with my depression.
    I think they are not aware of what they do (at least I hope so, otherwise it is very serious ...)

Indeed, I hope that Dr. Healy will eventually realize that this is a technique barbaric. Unless it is applied as a last resort, maybe ... for people on the edge of suicide, for example, schizophrenia or dangerous ...

x x x x x

I will ask him about it, and ask why he feels it has a place in modern medicine!
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

here is the link of a discussion with the psychiatrist Breggin and Healy
    but instead it is so, we will still promote Healy's work because a big part seems well in our world today

http://antidepressantwithdrawal.info...ulsive-Therapy
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Iggy -- That's lovely that you want to educated doctors at your surgery / clinic, and thus help other future people who go there for help. And good for you for asking Healy what his thinking is about ECT. I really look forward to hearing more of what you find out.

Dédé -- I'm so sorry they used that emotional blackmail on you. That is so hard to resist -- especially when you feel sick and confused. You did an amazing job.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

well tomorrow I BEG my dr to make the referal to Healy, I am seeing my doc tomorrow. I think she may object but I think she bloody OWES me this, she is the one who put me on these drugs when I didnt need them and she can do this for me. I will cry beg and plead with her if she objects.

Please send me positive vibes for this it is REALLY important to me.

Good luck, Iggy! I really believe you will get this referral. Keep us posted about the whole thing.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.