Page 14 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr David Healy

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy131313 View Post
    on asking Healy to elaborate he replied with this

Caroline

Others i can reassure - you I can't

am I really that bad? do you think I am blinded by my feelings in withdrawal and it is likely that I will heal from this over time? why am I so convinced I will never recover?
    Hi Iggy; yes, you are blinded by your feelings, and even if you are having small improvements, you are not able to see them, because of your obsession.

I really recomend you, (sorry about my english) that you do something specific when your anxiety gets to the edge.

What I do is try to shut down my brain; I lay down, and breathe deeply, ttry not to think about ANYTHING, and after a few minutes or so, I calm down.

Another thing that can help you get off the edge is Valerian Root.I mean, you have to help yourself, to get through the day, because, even very slowly and painfully, time heals. I have experienced that.

I am almost like you in time off, and I wouldn´t be here if I wouldn´t be better.

Last month it was hell for me, as you can see in my signature, after that, I´m better.

I am better:

Intrusive Thoughts: Much improved.
    Obsesive Thougths: Much improved.
    Panic Attacks: Gone.
    Apetite: Improving
    Energy:Wax and Wane.
    Anxiety:Improving
    Depression:Improving

I recomend you to read the PAXIL WITHDRAWAL GUIDE from Darcy Baston, founder of PP:

http://www.paxilprogress.org/pdf/Pax...Guide-2005.pdf

It is tough, but gets better.
    150mgs Effexor for 4 years 2008-2012 for situational Major Depression. No AD before
    Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months / last dose July 26th/2012 aprox.
    Acute W/D first 1-2 months
    Protracted W/D since then and slowly recovering.
    Main symptoms: Anxiety, Insomnia,Anhedonia.
    April 9th- 20th SEVERE DEPRESSION.
    11 months off.Slowly improving

awe, thanks Alex, you are a sweet man.

I do what I can to get through, today I mowed the lawn, pulled the weeds, planted some flowers, picked up my son, took him for ice cream, and ALL this time I was thinking, ''god let me die please god let me die'

I have found that nothing really helps with my anxiety, so I have no choice, somtimes I get too overwhelmed and just go and sob in my room but most of the time I just carry on, crying and suicidal but carrying on all the same.

I will keep you in my thoughts. xx
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

oh, and Feliz Cumpleaños
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

oh sh1t! no, LOL I meant muchos gracias!

jesus, I bet your thinking ''why is this crazy woman saying happy birthday'' BIG LOLS AT MYSELF HERE

jesus, I bet your thinking ''why is this crazy woman saying happy birthday'' BIG LOLS AT MYSELF HERE
    If you still have sense of humor, you will be ok; TIME!! We have to give it time!!

Oh, and DE NADA! (you´re welcome)
    150mgs Effexor for 4 years 2008-2012 for situational Major Depression. No AD before

Iggalina – I think what Healy is saying is that he feels he can’t find a way to persuade you that you are going to be OK. JSYK, there were many times in early w/d when *I* was utterly unpersuadable about *my* pet terrors. Mine were different from yours, but I was absolutely sure I was doomed and there was no way anyone could really give me any relief about that, no matter how hard they tried.

I went to a talk by a neuropsychologist once who was explaining frontal lobe problems – people just can’t control where they put their attention and they can’t make their beliefs budge even if part of them knows better. You just have to wait until you heal more to be able to feel reassurance.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

and do you think I will heal Sheila? that I will recover?

Im so sorry to constantly ask this over and over, I cant help it

Iggy, another important issue is: are you giving your CNS a good support?

Chronic stress deplets vitamins and minerals that you have to take: vItamin C, Magnesium, and the basic supplement for w/d support: Omega 3

You as a good researcher should look for this supplement: PHOSPHATIDYLSERINE.

W/D brings chaos to our endocrinological system, and PS seems to be helpful lowering high cortisol levels, an issue in w/d.

I am personally taking this supplement: SERIPHOS 100mg when the sun goes down, and seems to help with insomnia

Hahaha, I think the same thing about myself. As I always write with the translator, and I think readers think:
    What happens to this silly woman who can not speak?, hahaha.

Fortunately English-speaking people are very tolerant and respectful of our "poor English"

Iggy, I think you're very smart to see your patterns and trends for WD, is so

A hug
    Mar/2009 (diacepam+nortriptilina).Aprl-2010 (sulpiride+diacepam). May-2010:Tranxene 20 mg+SEROXAT 20mg
    TAPER BENZO:Apr-2011 20-10mg.; Sep-Nov -2011 taper 10 a 0mg. BENZO FREE 06/11/2011
    TAPER SEROXAT: jul-ago-11: de 20 a 10 mg; Dic-11/jan-10-5mg;Apr-sep-12 5-0mg . SEROXAT FREE: 15/09/2012
    Internal tremor, brain fog, memory, lack of concentration, anxiety. Problem original: Stress