Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63

Thread: Dr David Healy

feeling a tiny bit stronger this morning, going to risk going to a bbq at a friends house, Im not well enough but its a choice between sitting at home and crying or trying for the distraction...these friends totally understand and belive in whats happening to me so Im in safe hands, I also will take my book so if it gets too much for me I can lay down in their bedroom and read and take some time out.

wish me luck
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

How wonderful that your friends totally understand. Have a lovely time!
    I'll write a signature when I can. In the meantime, if you're wondering why I have the nerve to act like I know everybody lol, you can read my crazy intro post here: http://antidepressantwithdrawal.info/forum/showthread.php?1469-I-m-here...-Davka

Oh, shucks. I can't find a button to turn that into a clickable link. Hey, Stan (Mr. Computer Man!) - how can I do that?

Atleast you have friends, i have absolutely none. Enjoy it Iggy and i am so happy you are feeling a bit better :-)
    02/2008-10/2010 - Citalopram 20mg
    10/2010-05/2012 - Paxil 20mg (1 Month quick Taper)
    15-18/07/2012 - Prozac 20mg
    21-22/07/2012 - Cymbalta 30mg SEVERE ADVERSE REACTION
    27/07/2012-13/08/2012 - RI Paxil 5mg
    14/08/2012 - Free from all Psychotropics

Currently tappering off the Birth Control Pill. On 3/4 as of 16/07/2013

thanks guys, I do know I am lucky to have friends who completely understand, I realise there are epople who dont have that, my family and friends are all very supportive and outraged at big pharma.

NH, of course you have friends, and your whole life is ahead of you and the best years of your life are yet to come, one day you will have a husband and a baby and be so so happy, and when your baby is 3/4 think back to me and how I missed that timw with my child, and god knows how much more I will miss. My boy was wearing nappies at night when this started, now hes so big, and I have missed it all.

we have to make it
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

I really really dont have a single friend Iggy. Really.... :'(

It feels like my life is over. Cant even think of getting married or having a baby. Makes me depressed out of my mind. I aviod thinking of things that make me sad. Im just focussing on my dogs right now. Helps me diverge the attention off myself
    02/2008-10/2010 - Citalopram 20mg
    10/2010-05/2012 - Paxil 20mg (1 Month quick Taper)
    15-18/07/2012 - Prozac 20mg
    21-22/07/2012 - Cymbalta 30mg SEVERE ADVERSE REACTION
    27/07/2012-13/08/2012 - RI Paxil 5mg
    14/08/2012 - Free from all Psychotropics

Currently tappering off the Birth Control Pill. On 3/4 as of 16/07/2013

NH -- It's all too common for people to lose friends in w/d or not have the wherewithal to make friends. This is one of the diabolical features of this illness. But, you *will* be getting better, and then it will be so much easier for you to find the right friends.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

I hope you enjoy your barbecue Iggy, yes, you are lucky to have understanding friends who won't be upset if you disappear for a while to lay down and read a book.

I don't have any friends either NH.

I'm not a very social person, more of an introvert, so I've never had a lot of friends and it hasn't bothered me up until now. But somehow, this WD has made me feel isolated and lonely and unable to connect deeply with anyone.

Dogs can be wonderful company. I went through a very difficult time a while back and having the unconditional acceptance of a dog helped me get through it. I don't have any pets right now.

Sheila is right about healing and finding the *right* friends.
    1998 Zoloft 1998 - 2010 Various medications including Serzone, Buspar, Wellbutrin, Xanax, Inderal, Duromine and Lexapro. HRT. Codeine and liquid morphine for pain. Stopped Lexapro in 2010 with a too fast taper over about 2 months. Diagnosed with ADHD- stimulants.
    Nervous system 'crashed' in November 2011
    May 2013 - Last medication of any kind after learning about protracted withdrawal.
    Partially bedridden and daytime agoraphobia

this will be the last post on my journal but no where near the end of my journey,

it is my hope that in a while, when time has passed that I will be posting on this very thread again, who knows, but I pray it could happen.

to anyone who reads this in passing, in the future, maybe I am healed by now, or doing better, i hope so.

goodbye everyone, and thankyou

Iggy, I have seen a very positive change in your attitude, that is big improvement.
    We will keep in touch.
    150mgs Effexor for 4 years 2008-2012 for situational Major Depression. No AD before
    Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months / last dose July 26th/2012 aprox.
    Acute W/D first 1-2 months
    Protracted W/D since then and slowly recovering.
    Main symptoms: Anxiety, Insomnia,Anhedonia.
    April 9th- 20th SEVERE DEPRESSION.
    11 months off.Slowly improving