Page 1 of 63 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr David Healy

Dr David Healy

Has accepted me as a patient! I just have to get my dr to refer me and its all free through the NHS!!!

Should be interesting!

I will use this thread to update when my referal comes through and when I see him for my consultation!

But it will be nice to have validation and hopefully a diagnoses of w/d and education for the drs in my surgery!
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

That's a really interesting turn of events. We will be following it closely. Yes, validation is extremely important in those cases. I'll move this thread to the Journals - this way everyone interested in your progress will be able to easily access it, and it will also help many people to read about the "validation" part. When do you have your first visit, Iggy?
    Last edited by Luc; 10-05-2012 at 06:07 PM.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Dont know yet, David Healy told me that he will take me on and told me to get my GP to refer me so I will have to wait and how long that referral takes.

I have read some stuff Dr Healy promotes like taking other meds which I wont be doing but it will be nice to speak to someone who acctually believes what Im saying!! (I mean in the medical proffession)
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Should be interesting!
    very interesting!!!! Wonderfull !

All the best wishes for you!

Dédé

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy131313 View Post
    Dont know yet, David Healy told me that he will take me on and told me to get my GP to refer me so I will have to wait and how long that referral takes.

I have read some stuff Dr Healy promotes like taking other meds which I wont be doing but it will be nice to speak to someone who acctually believes what Im saying!! (I mean in the medical proffession)
    i agree to take others meds is dangerous for us, the forums shows that it exist nothing to speed healing, i spoke with a few people who healed well; be careful with Healy, because with his website he is seaching guinea pigs for his trying, he is for electro convulsive therapy, another bad thing, the good thing is he recognize withdrawal,
    you have to be careful with him when he will be pushing some miraculous chemical which will prolonge your agony and shooting you;
    of course, there are not numerous people as he, as i said, nobody is perfect
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

I have been emailing Healy for quite a few years now and never has he suggested to me to take anything else.He has told me that if he knew a safe way of helping me he would tell me but he does not, I could be wrong but i feel that all he can offer is validation.I also do not feel he is looking for guinea pigs although he does say that if anything works for people he would like to know.

on his website he is promoting meds to help to heal with his "risxk" (if i have good read and understand)

and seems IGGY has understand the same

my understanding is that it is maybe they would help, not a 'you should try it' . I suppose there are things that will help and there are maybe people who would try but not convinced that he is saying that we should.

Great news Iggy. Regardless of the 'you could try another med' approach, at least you have found someone who 'gets' withdrawal. Even having someone who understands to talk to is very reassuring. I"ll be interested to hear how you go.
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

Yes, I want ohim to listen, I want him to validate but I think the most important thing is I want my drs to see that Im not crazy, this could educate them, and in turn they would look into it and perhaps educate others, this is how we make a difference.

If I can help people who visit the surgery I go to by getting my drs to understand than thats progress in our mission right?