So I saw David Healy today, he was very nice and validated what I am going through, he is writing to my GP to tell her that what i am going through is real. of course as you all know he has no answers apart from he said that the best thing to do to aid recovery is a gentle exercise routine that can be built on, he likened it to a taper off the drugs, but going up, he said do what you can tolerate and build on it. He also said it was important to be as mentally active as possible, engage with people and different environments, I expressed how hard this was and he said ''I never said it would be an easy thing to do, its not it will be extrememly difficult but you need to look at it as the way to help yourself recover''

He said not to rush things and think I should take on everything ike going back to work etc but to just start small and work my way up into some kind of daily routine. He said this injury will heal given enough time, he said usually within 6 years, I know many on this board are suffering beyong that point but he said he knows it happens but is not as common as the 6 year healing and it takes longer in older people but it does happen. Sheila, I dont understand why you are still suffering so, I can see no reason for it, but we will all heal, he said this CAN be rectified.

I asked him how similar to benzo w/d this was and he said that there are difinate overlaps but ssri w/d has elements to it that benzo w/d does not, I didnt ask him what but I may email him to ask about that point further.

on a personal note I asked him if I should try another ssri to pull me out of this (its something I wouldnt consider until I was at least 18 months off but I wanted his opinion) and he said that if the celexa had done so much damage to me in 2.5 years that he recommends I never touch an ssri again.

He said he has seen many heal but the ones who have healed quicker are the people who are more engaged with the world (although I wonder if thats because these people have less severe symptoms) so Im going to try to come out of the bedroom that I have been hiding in for the past 5 weeks, I have hardly left the room.

He recommended that I taper off this remaining 2.5 I am on at 0.5mg per week, meaning I would be off at the end of March.

So that was it, i got what i went for, the validation and someone to tell my gp that i have not gone crazy overnight.

Healing vibes to everyone, oh and m&m I had a dream about you kast night, you were fine, you had had your surgery and you were telling me that you were healed and grateful and were having a wonderful new beginning, that was wonderful. Then I had another dream where a mad man was trying to strangle me and saying that I KNEW i was going to have w/d and it was my fault and I woke myself and my husband up shouting ''i didnt know''. But the first bit was very nice. xxx