Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: 40 months off Paxil

It's so great to hear of your improvement, Françoise! And, I'm also very sorry that you still have some more healing to do, but your track record shows that you do keep improving. You're so good about working on your arts and crafts. And I admire so much your work with the children in Vietnam. You are certainly using your time well while you slowly move through this healing time. It sounds really particularly good that you are enjoying seeing your friends now.

Are you doing any stretching or exercise for your back?

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

a good new, the ataxia parkinson like seems to not want go away, maybe wait a little more as you seem in pseudo linear process
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

I was thinking some more....it's very interesting to see how you have been promoted, Françoise, from the waves-and-windows pattern to more linear healing.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

French Café Moderator Cosette123's Avatar
    Very anxious and feeling sad and hopeless ...Maybe it's because of Xmas and the holidays time...
    Severe anxiety since childhood .SSRIs for OCD.
    Major traumatism in my life:Prozac during short periods.
    Deroxat (=Paxil) during 7 years.
    Three unsuccessful atempts to quit.
    Deroxat free since may 2008 (Cold turkey )

Aw, my friend and comrade, I’m glad you posted. I have two ideas –

1) When I’m really anxious, sometimes it helps to distract myself with something that makes me feel productive – then I know I’m at least investing in my future, and maybe helping others. What about doing some work on your Association, or doing therapy on the cats who need attention today, or working on your crafts? You don’t *have* to take the day off because it’s a holiday.

2) If that doesn’t appeal to you, the other idea I have is to face the memories that are probably arising today – at least for a bit of time – make up some sort of ritual for loved ones who aren’t there, light a candle, cry if you can, feel whatever comes up. Then, after a bit, go eat cake, or return to #1 ^.

This will definitely pass – it’s neuro-Christmas. :) A combo of neuro problems and our psychological issues about Christmas.

You are definitely getting better. It’s just too slow and non-linear. But, we all know you are getting better.

-- Holger Kalweit

Hang in there, Cosette. It *always* passes. It's just temporary. There already were much better times. Step by step.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosette123 View Post
    Very anxious and feeling sad and hopeless ...Maybe it's because of Xmas and the holidays time...
    Cosette, I am experiencing the same thing and this "family time" b/c of the holidays is making it worse. I am sending hugs your way. I have read Sheila's post to you and it has helped me a great deal. Christmas can be hard when you aren't dealing with W/D so we are tough cookies and very strong to be doing this. Please know I am thinking of you. Now I need to lie down b/c the room is tilting. I can read the forum posts lying down but not able to respond until I'm at my computer.
    WE SHALL OVERCOME.
    On SSRIs and SNRIs since 2005 with no break
    Benzo free since 2010
    Trazodone 200mg since 2008 and recently tapered to 0mg in just over once month (December 2012)
    Cymbalta 120mg since 2008

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way" "The miracle is this......The more we share, The more we have" Leonard Nimoy

with years, maybe the waves come still and fade away slowly
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

French Café Moderator Cosette123's Avatar
    Thank you Sheila, Stan,Elizabeth and Luc.
    I feel so lucky to have this place with friends who can understand...
    I always spend Xmas with my son (I have no other family) and even if I try to make this day a special one (A beautiful Xmas-tree, some special meals) I often feel without joy.
    Yesterday I decided to do some crafts like Sheila suggested it and it was very helpful to feel better.
    Severe anxiety since childhood .SSRIs for OCD.
    Major traumatism in my life:Prozac during short periods.
    Deroxat (=Paxil) during 7 years.
    Three unsuccessful atempts to quit.
    Deroxat free since may 2008 (Cold turkey )

the day before christmas I made some good connections and felt the joy of the season but the day itself was pretty tough. I'm so glad it's over!! Sheila--your post re christmas also helped me.
    "It is certain my conviction gains infinitely the moment another soul will believe in it." Novalis (quoted in Lord Jim)