Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: 40 months off Paxil

Sounds like a very interesting project, Cosette!
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

The "poem video" is already on our Youtube channel. Here's the link; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5viEk-htgkc Take care! :)

French Café Moderator Cosette123's Avatar
    Great video,Luc!
    I forgot to mention that Baudelaire was not only deeply depressive but poly-drugged with alcohol and opium.
    Severe anxiety since childhood .SSRIs for OCD.
    Major traumatism in my life:Prozac during short periods.
    Deroxat (=Paxil) during 7 years.
    Three unsuccessful atempts to quit.
    Deroxat free since may 2008 (Cold turkey )

Wow, that is *very* interesting, Françoise! Hah! The picture is even more complete now as to why that poem fit AD w/d so well.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Baudelaire is also known for his wonderful translations of the poems and texts of the great american author Edgar Poe.

Hunh, that’s interesting, too. Poe was another suffering soul. I went through a Poe stage as a teen – read all his work.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

I LOVED POE too. I hope to get back to reading him as soon as possible.

Ha! Can you imagine what he would have written if he'd been in psych med w/d?! Ye gods! What horrors would have flowed from his pen?!

-- Holger Kalweit

Update at 53 months off:
    At the early stage of my w/d I could not imagine it will last so long...But months passed, then years...
    - Now I cannot say that I am very wellbecause of these neurological symptomes(Ataxia, pseudo-Parkinson...) which make me disabled and unable to walk outside alone.
    I suffer morally from this lack of autonomy and I am often afraid of my future. I feel like somebody who has had a serious illness which made him more vulnerable...
    I still have pain in my back or my knees BUT:
    - Many things have improved: I am feeling less sad, less anxious. The panic attacks and the agoraphobia have gone away. I like driving my car like before the w/d. I like to see my friends.
    I have no more windows or waves because the improvements are more linear.
    And something strange has happened: since chilhood, I had beautiful thick hair. During my w/d, they become thinner and thinner and I lost a lot of hair...But now my hair are growing again!

I think(I do hope) that the hell is behind me even if I still have a long way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosette123 View Post
    Update at 53 months off:
    At the early stage of my w/d I could not imagine it will last so long...But months passed, then years...
    - Now I cannot say that I am very wellbecause of these neurological symptomes(Ataxia, pseudo-Parkinson...) which make me disabled and unable to walk outside alone.
    I suffer morally from this lack of autonomy and I am often afraid of my future. I feel like somebody who has had a serious illness which made him more vulnerable...
    I still have pain in my back or my knees BUT:
    - Many things have improved: I am feeling less sad, less anxious. The panic attacks and the agoraphobia have gone away. I like driving my car like before the w/d. I like to see my friends.
    I have no more windows or waves because the improvements are more linear.
    And something strange has happened: since chilhood, I had beautiful thick hair. During my w/d, they become thinner and thinner and I lost a lot of hair...But now my hair are growing again!
    So so great to hear about those improvements, Cosette! It's been a long way already, hasn't it? But it *is* getting better. Yes, definititely - for many, at some point, it gets more linear and less cyclical. Remember yourself about all those improvements, b/c the extreme snailiness of the entire process may trick you into thinking that the progress isn't as profound as it is. How is your agoraphobia these days?