Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 40 months off Paxil

French Café Moderator Cosette123's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
    Cosette, your new red car is wonderful. What kind of car is it? Have fun--
    The new car is an OPEL Agila.
    Severe anxiety since childhood .SSRIs for OCD.
    Major traumatism in my life:Prozac during short periods.
    Deroxat (=Paxil) during 7 years.
    Three unsuccessful atempts to quit.
    Deroxat free since may 2008 (Cold turkey )

So sorry to write this my friends...
    Why do I try to fight against an enemy who is stronger than me? My enemy is called Paxil which I stopped 4 years ago and which made my life a hell. I shall not give the list of all the symptoms which I had to face but today, again "he" says to me: " You are a crap, your life is crap and you would better stop now.Because in any case I shall win ".
    Tha saddest thing is that I believed in my strength but it was only an error.

That's just a temporary bad wave, Cosette! Just a bad wave. And it will pass. It ALWAYS passes. Ride it out and after this wave is over, you will emerge on the other side with even fewer symptoms. And keep remembering yourself that the early WD was much much much worse. This cyclicality of the whole process is so annoying, but during each cycle, more and more symptoms will be dropping off! Stay strong!
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Ha ha! That old demon Paxil knows he’s losing his hold on you, so he’s up to his old dirty tricks trying to fool you into thinking you’re helpless and doomed.

But you have us, and nous sommes plus forts que Paxil, as the formidable Cosette once said!

I always think of Lilly on pp in these situations. She had a very, very severe early w/d. She got slowly, non-linearly better. But she said she had setbacks all the way until the very end – sometimes quite bad – until they stopped.

It’s very misleading when you have a late stage setback. You think it means you haven’t healed as much as you thought. But that’s not true. It’s still true that just recently you sounded happier and more confident that I had ever heard you before. This is just another damned piece of work on your healing, and then you will be moving forward again, even further than before.

I have one hypothesis for your consideration – Since the demon is telling you you’re crap, I’m wondering if you recently had something happen that made you feel particularly proud of yourself? Either the car and / or something else?

<< demon Paxil trying to scare Cosette....
    ....All of Cosette's friends protecting her >>
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

You are true friends!
    This afternoon something happened and made me happier: a young friend of mine came home with her newborn little girl. And the old devils left me...
    Sheila and Luc you are right:it's just a little wave.
    Sheila you asked if I recently had something happen that made me feel proud of myself:yes I had:I was able to walk without help in the street(Without the sensation of off balance).Another thing:yesterday I made my housework much more easily than formerly and I was proud of myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    It’s still true that just recently you sounded happier and more confident that I had ever heard you before. This is just another damned piece of work on yourhealing, and then you will be moving forward again, even further than before.
    100000%
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

the ciclic waves are always coming back and go away, it is a fact; but apparently they are very short these times;
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

I find that I often have an exacerbation of symptoms after something goes particularly well. In my case, I think it’s two things –1) even positive stimulation is too stimulating neurologically, and 2) I have a little guilty reaction to things going well, and that, too, gets amplified by the neuro damage.

You will adjust to your good news about walking and coping with housework! We have to get used to things being better!

You cute housekeeper bear really helps with that! She's such a cheery thing!

<< helping

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Sheila your analysis is just and I had arrived at the same conclusion.
    Today was good:I went shopping ,I could drive very easily and I ate a salad in a fastfood with my son.
    I don't forget my housework:

Ha ha! I don't like cleaning the toilet! Adorable housekeeper bear!

Oh, I'm so glad you had a good day.

I keep getting tripped up by this issue of having a neuro reaction to good things as well as bad things! But, it slowly gets better.

-- Holger Kalweit