Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 40 months off Paxil

French Café Moderator Cosette123's Avatar
    Thank you so much,Samsara.
    I do hope your cognitive issues will soon go away.
    I feel very lucky to have true friends here.

My avatar is pixel made:pixelart is one of my hobbies.
    Severe anxiety since childhood .SSRIs for OCD.
    Major traumatism in my life:Prozac during short periods.
    Deroxat (=Paxil) during 7 years.
    Three unsuccessful atempts to quit.
    Deroxat free since may 2008 (Cold turkey )

Quote Originally Posted by Samsara View Post
    I believe you are closer to full recovery than what you feel at the moment. Once this wave passes you will likely feel more recovered than you did before this wave.
    i think the same, with more time, beautiful pixels pictures!
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Great post, Sam.

This is definitely a wave, Cosette. NOT your future.

You are so creative!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Thank you Cosette and Sheila!

Cosette............I love your work!! So glad to see that you have this positive outlet to express your creative energy.

I used to be highly creative myself but I have lost
    so much of this during WD. I'm patiently waiting for it to return since, creative expression is so essential to feeling life within. I'm sure it will return at some point in time.

Your work is inspiring me to keep the faith!

Samsara

Cossette, it's ABSOLUTELY just temporary - just a glitch in the healing process. What works best for me, is the constant remembering myself what it used to be like in early WD. And hell it was, the Hell Ultimate. If it has improved since then, by the way of pure extrapolation it will be improving still further, till the point when all clicks in its place. Promise! Hang in there!
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Hi Cosette........

so very sorry to read about some of the tragic life events that you have experienced, along with the horrors of psyche drugs and the WD effects.

You've been diligent in your commitment to remain drug free and I can see that you have made much progress in recovery. Despite incurring some lingering symptoms (which I can understand restrict your ability to live fully), you are getting your life back, slowly but surely.

You've been a strong woman to have endured this journey. Soon, you will fully recover and this nightmare will be finally be over.

May you experience many truly lovely years of happiness, fulfillment and contentment in the coming years!

Peace, Healing and Divine Recovery to You!

Samsara

French Café Moderator Cosette123's Avatar
    Hello friends!
    A short update(Because I still have cog problems and I cannot write too much) but these residual problems are not very important with regard to what I had to pass through,like everybody here.
    Like our friend Stan I wondered if the physical problems will go away one day and I could not refrain from being a little bit pessimistic about my future.
    I have had severe neurological problems:ataxia , off balance and pseudo parkinson symptomes.I got used to walk outside with a cane for more than one year now because I have fear of falling...But I hated this cane and I hated to be disabled.This situation had become unbearable.
    One week ago I bought a new car: big stress for somebody in W/D (Even in the last stage).My anxiety was at a high level but supernaturally as soon as I sit in the car it disappeared and I could drive very easily.I was surprised too with another "miracle":I was able to walk alone, not for a long time but doing several meters without my cane is already a success.For the first time since I am in W/D, I feel like a new person, like somebody who has been ill and who has healed.
    I wanted to share this experience with you all, and I hope I will give hope to those who are still suffering.
    Yes we can heal!You will heal!It's just a matter of time!
    Severe anxiety since childhood .SSRIs for OCD.
    Major traumatism in my life:Prozac during short periods.
    Deroxat (=Paxil) during 7 years.
    Three unsuccessful atempts to quit.
    Deroxat free since may 2008 (Cold turkey )

So great to hear it, Cosette! Your story will help many folks who are reading this. Yes, healing takes time, but it eventually happens. You've been super brave for so long, taking it day after day, hour after hour, and you have finally reached a point when there's no doubt in your mind that WD is only a temporary state.

What symptoms are still remaining? Keep us updated!

That's fantastic, Cosette! I'm so happy for you! Synchronistically, I have been stumbling across a plethora of stories about rapid, spontaneous healing -- both of w/d and of other things. It *does* happen. It sounds like it has happened to you! Sometimes we get better very slowly. But sometimes we can get better very suddenly.

This is a very cheering report!!

...I don't think I've ever seen you use such a happy emoticon!!

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila;2926...
    I don't think I've ever seen you use such a happy emoticon!!

This emoticon definitely rules!