Hello everybody!
I live in France and I was on Paxil(Aka Deroxat) for 7 years. Previously I had already taken "Survector" and "Prozac" for OCD and major anxiety but after the suicide of my husband I was admitted in hospital and I began to take Deroxat. Through the years I felt no more better and I tried 3 times to withdraw...But it was too difficult...
In may 2008 I decided to stop Deroxat .I did not know that "cold turkey" is very dangerous!
My withdrawal was horrific :major anxiety, dizziness, suicide ideas, hate of myself, difficulties to walk and to go outside(Agoraphobia+++) ,much pain in my knees and back, no more hunger (I was often sick and unable to eat)...
I was recently diagnosed "fibromyalgic" because I have severe pains in my body and other symptomes.Walking alone is still difficult because I am off balance and I am afraid of falling.
I am now 40 months off Paxil and still struggling but I have had real improvements.
During my travel in Hell I found great help among people in W/D like me (Stan, Luc...).Without this help and friendship I would not be alive any more.