Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Bonjour à tous! Hi!

Stan has given you excellent advice, Dédé. I know you are suffering terribly, but you must cultivate patience in order to heal from this situation. There is no quick solution, but there *is* a slow solution. This horrible period of your life will end, but, paradoxically, it will end sooner, if you proceed carefully and methodically.

Do not increase any of your medications.

Also, please invite your husband to join this site, if you wish. He should have his own account. We can try to educate him more about these medications. And, we can also support him as he goes through this difficult time.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Hello Sheila,

I am going to follow your advice: do not increase my benzodiazépines.

What reminded me that I could make him(it), it is that my excitement is always there, in spite of the time which passes. I think that the treatment(processing) which we gave me is balanced not at all and what it is for it that I go badly.

Is not it more risked to deprive itself when we are already in imbalance with its current treatment(processing)?

The psychiatrists of the hospital had given me of the xeroquel (regulator of humor); of the (neuroleptic) tercian "to calm" me, avoid all this excitement. But I did not support(bear) (it) ( digestive problems): when I went out of the hospital I was more quiet, seemingly, and physically less shaken. But weeks according to I began again to feel very agitated and very badly.

I know that it is necessary to wait so that my brain and my body get back all these changes. I understood it.

But the effexor puts me in such a permanent state of excitement, which never stops (that at night) that I do not feel "stable" and that I am afraid of not arriving at the being before being able to begin, quite slowly, a weaning.

I hope that you understand my problem.

Thank you again for all your messages: I know that you take many of your time to answer it and I admire your patience! Thank you very much!

Goodbye.

Dédé

Bonjour Sheila,

Je vais suivre vos conseils: ne pas augmenter mes benzodiazépines.

Ce qui me faisait penser que je pouvais le faire, c'est que mon agitation est toujours là, malgré le temps qui passe. Je pense que le traitement que l'on m'a donné n'est pas du tout équilibré et que c'est pour cela que je vais mal.

N'est-ce pas plus risqué de se sevrer quand on est déjà en déséquilibre avec son traitement actuel?

Les psychiatres de l'hôpital m'avaient donné du xeroquel (régulateur d'humeur); du tercian (neuroleptique) pour me "calmer" , éviter toute cette agitation. Mais je ne l'ai pas supporté (problèmes digestifs): quand je suis sortie de l'hôpital j'étais, en apparence, plus calme et physiquement moins agitée. Mais les semaines d'après j'ai recommencé à me sentir très agitée et très mal.

Je sais qu'il faut attendre pour que mon cerveau et mon corps récupèrent de tous ces changements. J'ai compris cela.

Mais l'effexor me met dans un tel état d'agitation permanent, qui ne s'arrête jamais (que la nuit) que je ne me sens pas "stable" et que j'ai peur de ne pas arriver à l'être avant de pouvoir commencer, tout doucement, un sevrage.

J'espère que vous comprenez mon problème.

Merci encore pour tous vos messages: je sais que vous prenez beaucoup de votre temps pour y répondre et j'admire votre patience! Merci beaucoup!

A bientôt.

Dédé

Dédé – I think I do understand your dilemma. It is difficult to know what to do. There is no perfect solution. It is reasonable to wait three weeks to allow your neuroendocrine system to adjust to recent, previous changes. However, if you do not feel comfortable with this plan, it is also reasonable to start tapering off the Effexor now.

Remember, we do not necessarily expect to see tangible signs of stabilization during these three weeks. We are merely trying to allow internal processes to occur.

But, again, you may be correct that it is better to start reducing the Effexor immediately. No one knows with certainty. We will support you, whichever you choose to do.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Dédé, there is always more than one option with those drugs, and very often it's really difficult to say which way exactly to choose with them. So, at some point, you may want to simply listen to your body and your intuition, and do what you think would be the best in your situation. Two things we know for sure;

1. at some point, the drugs need to be tapered
    2. you will heal when you taper them and then allow your body still some more time for the self-repair

Stay patient!
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Bonjour Sheila et Luc,

Merci beaucoup pour vos réponses, vos conseils et votre soutien qui me sont si précieux!
    Pour l'heure je n'ai fait aucun changement dans mon traitement. Mon corps semble aller mieux (appétit, poids , sommeil) mais je me sens vraiment déprimée (je n'ai plus envie de rien...une seule chose me paraît urgente, c'est de sortir de l'état dans lequel je me trouve actuellement)

Je me permets de vous faire lire la réponse que m'a faite une professionnelle de santé sur un site français dédié aux problèmes liés à la dépression (elle n'est pas docteur, mais sans doute pharmacienne puisqu'elle semble très bien connaître les mécanismes d'action des médicaments) J'ai été très impressionnée par son analyse car elle résume parfaitement tout ce que je ressens! Je cite:

..."Je réponds, car ce sujet m'interpelle et en tant que professionnelle de santé, ce serait un tord de ne pas réagir. J'ai lu brièvement ton histoire, du moins, j'en ressors les grandes lignes et je trouve par rapport à ce que tu décris que ta prise en charge est totalement inadaptée. Je ne comprends pas qu'on te laisse sous effexor qui est un antidépresseur, inhibiteur de la recapture de la sérotonine et de la noradrénaline ( c'est le trop de cette hormone qui te sur-excite). D'autant plus que non seulement tu ne le supportes pas, mais en plus que tu prends des doses vraiment élevées. D'habitudes, on recherche la posologie minimale efficace. Ta TS est donc dans ce cas précis très probablement liée à la levée des inhibitions.

Là, on a vraiment le sentiment qu'ils te rajoutent des traitements chaque fois que tu dis un truc qui ne leur plaît pas. Mais après, je ne suis pas médecin, je reste donc à ma place. Cependant, une chose qui semble être sûre, c'est ton manque d'assurance, et tu es peut-être un brin trop perfectionniste, et tu stresses à vouloir que tout soit vraiment parfait, après je me trompe peut-être.

Dans ce que tu racontes, on a sincèrement une impression que les professionnels de santé que tu as rencontré ont voulu t'entretenir dans une dépression déclenchée par eux-même. Forcément au bout d'un moment, leur logique à eux devient vraie puisqu'à bout de nerfs, ça devient réactionnel, à tout le temps devoir essayer de se justifier, de prouver etc...Dans ton cas, on ressent vraiment le "tais-toi et subis". Au final, tu ne peux rien démontrer et même pas leur faire comprendre que tes convictions sont les bonnes.

Je serais toi, je changerais carrément de professionnels de santé, quitte à revenir à la case départ. Ceux qui te suivent n'ont pas l'air d'être à ton écoute et de comprendre tes besoins essentiels. "...

Je pense que ça résume bien ce que je vis actuellement et ce à quoi je dois faire face!

Cordialement.

Dédé

REVERSO TRADUCTION:

Hello Sheila and Luc,

Thank you very much for your answers, your advice(councils) and your support which are so precious me!
    For the moment I made no change in my treatment(processing). My body seems to get(fit) better (appetite, weight, sleep) but I feel really pushed(depressed) (I want any more nothing a single thing(matter) seems to me urgent, it is to go out of the state in which I am at present)

I allow to make you read the answer which made me a healthcare professional on a French site dedicated to the problems bound(connected) to the depression (she is not a doctor, but doubtless a pharmacist because she very well seems to know the mechanisms of action(share) of medicines) I was very impressed by his(her,its) analysis because she summarizes perfectly all that I feel! I quote:

"I answer, because this subject calls out to(questions) me and as healthcare professional, it would be one twists not to react. I read briefly your history(story), at least, I ressors main lines and I find with regard to(compared) the fact that you describe that your coverage(care) is totally unsuitable. I do not understand that we leave you under effexor which is an antidepressant, an inhibitor of the recapture of the sérotonine and the noradrénaline (it is the excess of this hormone which overexcites you). Especially since not only you do not support(bear) him(it), but in more than you take really raised(really brought up) doses. Of habits, we look for the effective minimal posology. Your TS is precise thus in that case very probably bound(connected) to the levying of the inhibitions.

There, we really have the feeling that they add you treatments(processings) every time you say a thing(trick) which does not please them. But later, I am not a doctor, I thus stay in my place(square). However, a thing(matter) which seems to be safe(sure), it is your lack of insurance(assurance), and you are maybe a stalk too much perfectionist, and you put under stress to want that everything is really completed, later I make a mistake maybe.

In what you tell, we have sincerely an impression(printing) that the healthcare professionals that you met wanted to maintain you in a depression activated(started) by them the same. Necessarily after a while, their logic becomes true because at breaking point, that becomes réactionnel, to have to all the time try to justify itself, to prove etc.... In your case, we really feel " keep silent and undergo ". In the end(final), you can demonstrate nothing and the same step to make them understand that your convictions are the maids.

I would be you, I would change downright healthcare professionals, even if it means returning to the start. Those who follow you do not seem to be for your listening and to understand(include) your essential needs."

I think that that indeed summarizes what I saw at present and what I have to face!

Cordially.

Dédé

Dédé, good to hear you have more appetite and feel a little bit better.

As for doctors (not all of them, but, well, *many*), what they were taught in medical school is drugs, drugs and more drugs, and which (even in the Internet era!) they seem very reluctant to change. Well, I will put it bluntly - in many areas of medicine, treatments work the *opposite* and they harm the patient.

So, it's very good you realize it all so well. Take it easy and take it step by step. You will heal!

Dédé – That is so helpful that you got such a supportive and validating comment from that French health professional! Being believed and seen accurately by a professional is very relieving after all the terrible professional treatment you received.

-- Holger Kalweit

Bonjour Sheila et Luc,

Merci encore pour vos messages de soutien!

J'ai pu parler de mes problèmes de traitements avec cette professionnelle de santé sur un forum français traitant des problèmes liés à la dépression.
    Mais je pense qu'elle est pharmacienne et elle ne peut pas m'aider davantage à part m'envoyer des messages et des conseils (ce qui est déjà beaucoup!) Elle me conseille de vite trouver un docteur qui puisse me comprendre et prendre en charge correctement mon traitement car, comme moi, elle a la certitude qu'il a été extrêmement mal conduit jusqu'à maintenant.
    Je suis déjà retournée chez trois Docteurs généralistes pour leur demander de l'aide: ils ont compris que mon traitement avait été très mal conduit et qu'il ne correspond pas à mes besoins mais se sont protégés: ils ne m'ont pas modifié mon ordonnance faite par le psychiatre et ne m'ont donné que des conseils oraux (l'un m'a conseillé de pendre une gélule d'effexor sur deux...c'est à dire de réduire de moitié la venlafaxine brutalement , et l'autre m'a conseillé de diminuer assez brutalement le noctamide en faisant un jour 1; le lendemain 1/2; puis 1....)
    Je vois que je ne peux pas compter sur leur aide...

Malgré tout, j'ai suivi vos conseils: j'ai stabilisé mes doses de lyxansia (je les avait beaucoup modifiées sur l'avis de la psychiatre qui voulait me donner du solian à la place). Depuis,je me sens moins agitée mais mon moral n'est toujours pas très bon...J'avais commencé à réduire d'1/8 le noctamide, depuis environ 12 jours: cela fait deux nuits que je dors bien ! Je trouve ça étrange car je m'attendais à continuer à avoir des insomnies...
    Je reprends un peu de poids et retrouve quelques sensations de faim.
    Je crois que je vais continuer quelques jours ainsi pour me sentir plus solide, puis je vais diminuer l'effexor...par paliers de 15% au début (pensez-vous que ce sont des diminutions trop rapides et que je devrais plutôt diminuer de 10%) Le problème c'est que ça risque de me prendre plus d'un an si je diminue de seulement 10% et comme on m'a conseillé de ne diminuer qu'une seule molécule à la fois; ça me fait prendre des benzodiazépines pendant encore longtemps...

Voilà, que pensez-vous de ce programme?

J'espère que vous allez tous bien, merci encore pour tous vos messages qui me réconfortent et m'aident beaucoup!

Hey, Dédé! I would say the best option would be going down by 10%, and then, if everything went smoothly, there is always a possibility of going down slightly faster, *but* this way is safer - first, checking how you react to the tapering, than adjusting the amount of drugs to the way you feel. So, you may want to start slowly.

We are with you! <---- my favourite animated series when I was a kid was "Oum le dauphin blanc" (Zoom the White Dolphin)...

mon prénom est Delphine et moi aussi je regardais un film "flipper le dauphin" !!