Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: You May Already Be There

You May Already Be There

Know where you’re going in life…you may already be there

http://thesameffect.com/know-where-y...eady-be-there/

A boat docked in a tiny Mexican village. An American tourist complimented the Mexican fisherman on the quality of his fish and asked how long it took him to catch them.

“Not very long,” answered the Mexican.

“But then, why didn’t you stay out longer and catch more?” asked the American.

The Mexican explained that his small catch was sufficient to meet his needs and those of his family.

The American asked, “But what do you do with the rest of your time?”

“I sleep late, fish a little, play with my children, and take a siesta with my wife. In the evenings, I go into the village to see my friends, have a few drinks, play the guitar, and sing a few songs. I have a full life.”

The American interrupted, “I have an MBA from Harvard and I can help you! You should start by fishing longer every day. You can then sell the extra fish you catch. With the extra revenue, you can buy a bigger boat.”

“And after that?” asked the Mexican.

“With the extra money the larger boat will bring, you can buy a second one and a third one and so on until you have an entire fleet of trawlers. Instead of selling your fish to a middle man, you can then negotiate directly with the processing plants and maybe even open your own plant. You can then leave this little village and move to Mexico City, Los Angeles, or even New York City! From there you can direct your huge new enterprise.”

“How long would that take?” asked the Mexican.

“Twenty, perhaps twenty-five years,” replied the American.

“And after that?”

“Afterwards? Well my friend, that’s when it gets really interesting,” answered the American, laughing. “When your business gets really big, you can start buying and selling stocks and make millions!”

“Millions? Really? And after that?” asked the Mexican.

“After that you’ll be able to retire, live in a tiny village near the coast, sleep late, play with your children, catch a few fish, take a siesta with your wife and spend your evenings drinking and enjoying your friends.”

And the moral of this story is: ……… Know where you’re going in life…you may already be there.
    Nobody's gonna break my stride......nobody's gonna slow me down......Oh no, I gotta keep on moving." (Men at Work)

"To face my trials with the grace of a woman rather than the grief of a child". (Veronica A. Shoffstall)

40 Months drug-free from kindling & tolerance WD (Doxepin) + many past C/T & C/switches from benzos, ADs, and APs, Lithium & thryoid h rx'd for severe GI symptoms.

Spot on x2.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Nice! I definitely do not want to work all the time!

<---- I want to play with these guys
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Nice! I definitely do not want to work all the time!

<---- I want to play with these guys
    I so know what you mean!

Sam
    Nobody's gonna break my stride......nobody's gonna slow me down......Oh no, I gotta keep on moving." (Men at Work)

"To face my trials with the grace of a woman rather than the grief of a child". (Veronica A. Shoffstall)

40 Months drug-free from kindling & tolerance WD (Doxepin) + many past C/T & C/switches from benzos, ADs, and APs, Lithium & thryoid h rx'd for severe GI symptoms.

beautiful story ! (fishing in Paris? not possible)

Stan, you will start the first Parisian fishing club.....
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

That's a good idea - there always needs to be a trend-setter to start new things. International sign used by the trend-setters which means "this way, please".

It is an interesting story indeed, although recovering from WD is an exception on it. I think that few people in WD want more money, more business, more cars or more boats, but they just want their body and mind back needs some support during the years-long recovery period from a very nasty poisons given by a doctor we put our trust on.
    I think that many of us, the people who have one day turned to SSRI meds, are in fact pretty modest persons who do not always want more, more and more money/goods or whatever.
    Nevertheless, it is of course a beautiful story and many people could learn a lot from it!
    Recovering from the ravages of withdrawal after 5 years on Paxil/Seroxat, originally prescribed for stress and, looking backward, PTSS.
    Though it is hardly possible to get something positive from the utter hell of repeated c/t's and protracted w/d, all of this unnecessary, I still believe in the possiblity to emerge from this as a healed, wiser human being.
    All we need is just a little patience - Guns N' Roses

Along these lines, here's Arianna Huffington on “Letting Go.” I really like how she says life is too short to spend it on things you only sort of like or think you should like. Spend it on the things you really, really like!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...women&ir=Women

"You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star." -- Nietzsche

True enough - many times in WD, especially in the early one, I thought "even all the trillions and quadrillions of $/euros/bars of gold of this world wouldn't make me happy, and, in fact, wouldn't even be probably able to help me. Only *time*...and time *only*...