Thread: Petition

Petition

Hi

hope all members will sign this petition

Thanks for joining this campaign on Avaaz's Community Petitions website. You have been added to the Avaaz mailing list. Avaaz usually sends about one email per week, offering a chance to take quick action on an urgent global issue. If you received this message in error, or would prefer not to receive email from Avaaz, click here to unsubscribe or email [email protected].

Thank you for signing my petition: Stop Drug Companies Killing for Profits!!

Every single person who joins strengthens our call for action. Please take a minute to share this link with everyone you know:

http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Sto...r_Profits/?tta

Let's make change together,
    Patrick

---
    Here's the petition for forwarding to your friends:

Stop Drug Companies Killing for Profits!

The profit-hungry drug company GlaxoSmithKline has been peddling a diabetes drug they knew was causing heart attacks without informing doctors or patients of the risk. Regulators in the EU knew about the dangers but failed to act fast enough, putting lives unnecessarily at risk. Previously, UK regulators knew about anti- depressants causing suicide but took over ten years to do anything about it. The same complacency is happening again with new anti-depressants and other drugs.

Earlier this month GSK pleaded guilty to criminal charges relating to anti-depressant and diabetes drug frauds and agreed to pay a $3 billion fine. That brings total fines against big pharma in the US to almost $14 billion! But no fines in the UK or EU. Why do we put up with it?

A massive push from thousands of people right now will add to pressure from the media and force regulators to act faster and more decisively against dangerous drugs. As a citizen of the UK I need to know that my family and I are safe and that drug companies put patients before profits. But drug companies will only do the right thing if regulators force them.

Let’s join together in a gigantic outcry for the UK’s Medicines and Healthcare products Regulation Agency and EU’s European Medicines Agency to put safety first. Sign the petition!

http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Sto...r_Profits/?tta

Sent by Avaaz on behalf of Patrick's petition

poodlebell

Thank you, Poodlebell! I signed it and sent the link to more people.
    Last edited by Luc; 07-23-2012 at 11:31 AM.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Hi Luc

thanks, think more people need to know about the diabetes drug and GSK

poodlebell

French Café Moderator Cosette123's Avatar
    Signed and sent the link.
    Severe anxiety since childhood .SSRIs for OCD.
    Major traumatism in my life:Prozac during short periods.
    Deroxat (=Paxil) during 7 years.
    Three unsuccessful atempts to quit.
    Deroxat free since may 2008 (Cold turkey )

Avaaz is a really neat organization –

http://antidepressantwithdrawal.info...ction-movement
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

I signed it too, GSK is for me the incarnation of the devil itself... This company is by no means better that IG Farben who manufactured Zyklon B (hydrocyanic acid) to kill the Jews in WW2 and while knowing this, never hesitated to deliver the stuff and get their blood money for it.
    Recovering from the ravages of withdrawal after 5 years on Paxil/Seroxat, originally prescribed for stress and, looking backward, PTSS.
    Though it is hardly possible to get something positive from the utter hell of repeated c/t's and protracted w/d, all of this unnecessary, I still believe in the possiblity to emerge from this as a healed, wiser human being.
    All we need is just a little patience - Guns N' Roses

The peition has passed the 2000 signatures mark...
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.