Thread: Not exactly newbie to all of this and etc

Not exactly newbie to all of this and etc

My name is Jessica A B. Still live with my parents and have an fraternal twin sister as well. Live in Metro New York on New Jersey side of it USA. Born with a Neurologically based speech impairment/apraxia-dysarthria. Suffering from depression/anxiety for awhile now. Whom needs more of a life then what she has had so far. As opposed to what it has been for the most part of her life and etc. Yet to reach this stage of life and etc. I'm of a student of life and currently looking for her next opportunity.

Welcome to IAWP, Inbetween. How long have you been suffering from depression/anxiety? Was there anything specific that caused it? Also, were you prescribed any drugs for it?
    Last edited by Luc; 07-14-2012 at 07:33 AM.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Jessica -- Welcome to IAWP. This discussion forum is focused on recovery from the neurological damage caused by psychotropic medication. Have you had to deal with this?
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    Welcome to IAWP, Inbetween. How long have you been suffering from depression/anxiety? Was there anything specific that caused it? Also, were you prescribed any drugs for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Jessica -- Welcome to IAWP. This discussion forum is focused on recovery from the neurological damage caused by psychotropic medication. Have you had to deal with this?
    Luc and Sheila,

Thanx for the welcomes to IAWP. Yeah I'm aware what IAWP is all about and etc. Basically, have been suffering from all this pretty much from 9/11 and maybe more, but I'm really not sure. It was caused by my schooling at the time more then 9/11 and etc. Had one major relapse because of going a birth control pill and etc. At the time was also off of all of my drugs as well. Which I don't think I was for and etc. Have been prescribed all kinds of drugs during those times. I'm pretty much off of all of them expect for Zoloft and Ativan when needed. Which I haven't taken for some time. Pretty much stable for some yrs now since I know what to look for and etc.

welcome Jessica
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    welcome Jessica
    Stan,

Thanx for the welcome to IADWDP (International Antidepressant Withdrawal Project).

Quote Originally Posted by inbetween View Post
    Luc and Sheila,

Thanx for the welcomes to IAWP. Yeah I'm aware what IAWP is all about and etc. Basically, have been suffering from all this pretty much from 9/11 and maybe more, but I'm really not sure. It was caused by my schooling at the time more then 9/11 and etc. Had one major relapse because of going a birth control pill and etc. At the time was also off of all of my drugs as well. Which I don't think I was for and etc. Have been prescribed all kinds of drugs during those times. I'm pretty much off of all of them expect for Zoloft and Ativan when needed. Which I haven't taken for some time. Pretty much stable for some yrs now since I know what to look for and etc.
    Sheila,

Its me again because I'm still wondering as to why you put that all of IAWP is primary focus on recovery and etc. Here I thought that I could put at least some of my recent works besides my intro and etc.

If I’m understanding correctly, you have been on various medications over the course of many years. Currently, you’re not taking anything. You don’t think the medications were appropriate for you. You also feel that your schooling and possibly 9/11 have contributed to your suffering. Is that correct?

I’m sorry to hear of your suffering. It sounds like you have learned a lot the hard way. It also sounds like you are trying to figure out what your next steps in life should be. Do you have some tentative ideas in mind?

Also, do you feel the medications have left you with any on-going problems that you are still dealing with?

(At the point in time where I wrote about our primary focus, you had *only* posted about interests other than our primary focus. Now, you *have* addressed our primary focus.)
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    If I’m understanding correctly, you have been on various medications over the course of many years. Currently, you’re not taking anything. You don’t think the medications were appropriate for you. You also feel that your schooling and possibly 9/11 have contributed to your suffering. Is that correct?

I’m sorry to hear of your suffering. It sounds like you have learned a lot the hard way. It also sounds like you are trying to figure out what your next steps in life should be. Do you have some tentative ideas in mind?

Also, do you feel the medications have left you with any on-going problems that you are still dealing with?

(At the point in time where I wrote about our primary focus, you had *only* posted about interests other than our primary focus. Now, you *have* addressed our primary focus.)
    Sheila,

Yup you got everything right on and etc.