Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: heyk

heyk

Hi all, Needinghelp has told me that heyk never recovered and is still suffering but I cant find him on other forums, I am FREAKING OUT!!! Are you in touch with him?
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Iggy, I know how it feels, all those thoughts, terrible anxieties, not to mention a gazillion of other symptoms, but you are going to heal from it. No reason to freak out. When the window opens (hopefully soon), you will look at it from a much more optimistic perspective than the present one.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Who is "HeyK" ? How long did they take antidepressants? How long have they been suffering since the meds caused damage? Did they have an adverse reaction? Or in W/D? Or both?

Was this supposed to be another success story?

Regardless, hope they are infact recovered or at least well on their way :-(

Don't freak out Iggy, everyone is different.

I dont know Luc, I keep hearing of more and more people who have not recovered and I now have lost hope.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

he was on a while m&m and has been off for over 7 years and has not recovered. Im scared and feel very hopeless, your situation is WAY different, way different to mine. Your gonna be fine I know you are, Ive just lost hope for myself

One thing for sure - those who have recovered very often don't come back to tell their success stories. It's very unfortunate, but it's just a way it is.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

I do not know HeyK, he was on PaxilProgress apparently. His last message dates from 2009, so about 4 years off. This is a long time, but I can tell you, now more than 5 years off, I am still healing. Dr. Shipko wrote me once that recovery from psych meds can continue until 10 years off. Maybe healing never stops.
    I know more people who did not start recovery after 4 years off.
    Recovering from the ravages of withdrawal after 5 years on Paxil/Seroxat, originally prescribed for stress and, looking backward, PTSS.
    Though it is hardly possible to get something positive from the utter hell of repeated c/t's and protracted w/d, all of this unnecessary, I still believe in the possiblity to emerge from this as a healed, wiser human being.
    All we need is just a little patience - Guns N' Roses

I dont know if I can stay alive that long, but then, I dont think I can take my own life...

Claudious, have you ever noticed a pattern with those who have not started healing until after 4 years?

I mean, were they usually on the drugs for a long time? or taken multiple drugs/.?

I have of course no insight in your financia situation but as long as you have a place to sleep and enough to eat, you can stay alive.
    And no, there is no pattern. I was surely not a candidate for an extremely long and torturous proteacted WD but that is what I got. I was still pretty young (40), had no other heatlh problems, no psychiatric past, no startup effects of PAxil, never used other meds and was on the lowest dose of 10 mg. But I tipped the scales in terms of severty and length of WD.
    I thnk it is just a lottery what kind of WD you get, but I stay confident in the possibility to heal. I had NO visible of feelable healing in the first 20 moths or so, after that a waves and windows pattern started and goes on until today, but there IS progression, even in the last year.
    Recovering from the ravages of withdrawal after 5 years on Paxil/Seroxat, originally prescribed for stress and, looking backward, PTSS.
    Though it is hardly possible to get something positive from the utter hell of repeated c/t's and protracted w/d, all of this unnecessary, I still believe in the possiblity to emerge from this as a healed, wiser human being.
    All we need is just a little patience - Guns N' Roses