Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My history

My history

First of all, i want to thank u all here on this board, you are cordial.

I sent a private message to Cosette123, in French because I speak it fluently, and I am weak in English (low in writing but I understand quite a bit), after she answered me, I posted my first post "Hello, I'm new"

It began in 2008, following a relational problems ( with my fiance), I was very stressed out, having also lost my mother in 2007, I went consulted for insomnia, the GP have prescribed Lexomil ( Bromazepam ) 1,5 mgat night before bed , and barely a week I slept very well and it would not hurt, having completed the box containing 30 tablets (which is a comsumption of 3 months), I've had no problems, except that one month again later, I started having a series of tremors in the arms but it was going anyway, and I did not know how this happened to me ???.
    one day weekend, after having take a nap, I woke up with a terrible headache, I had an appointment with a friend, we went for a coffee , i had a convultion which lasted 2 minutes, when I returned to myself, I was told I had an attack of epilepsy, I urinated on me (sorry) the next day I went consulted a neurologist, i had all the test (BRAIN MRI, EEG,) heart (echo ...), nothing abnormal, I had a series of blackouts of miilisecondes (you have impression that you do not estes here bizare), then palpitations, tremors at night in bed ...
    I went visited a neuro-psychiatrist who prescribed Lexomil and Deroxat and yet, during the first 5 months new form, but after reducing the dose of Deroxat, then there tachycardias I n ' 've ever had in my life, breathing difficulties, sore heads ....
    today I take nothing at all ( Drugs ), and morally it's going very well (I knew it was the meds my problems), but physically very ill,
    Luc will ask about windows, i got a good one after my last dose, for about 3 months.i went to sea a lot of times....

thank you for listening and sorry for my bad writing.
    Deroxat (PAXIL) 20mg November 2009
    July 2011 free
    heavy wd symptomes.
    still struggling

After discovring Aston Manuel, and (accute withdarwal about Benzo) , I was happy and frustrated at the same time, happy because my Crisis of epilepsy was due to the stop of benzo, and frustrated because the general practitioner has not informed me to not abruptly, and even worse, the doctors did not know the cause of the crisis that I had (epilepsy), and finally they gave me put me on Deroxat.
    what is the relation between epilepsie and Paxil !!!!!!!
    July 2011 free
    heavy wd symptomes.
    still struggling

Quote Originally Posted by deroxat-victim View Post
    After discovring Aston Manuel, and (accute withdarwal about Benzo) , I was happy and frustrated at the same time, happy because my Crisis of epilepsy was due to the stop of benzo, and frustrated because the general practitioner has not informed me to not abruptly, and even worse, the doctors did not know the cause of the crisis that I had (epilepsy), and finally they gave me put me on Deroxat.
    what is the relation between epilepsie and Paxil !!!!!!!
    i also have discovered Ashton manual and copy my taper paxil on it,
    in the leaflet of paxil we can read it can provoke epilepsy (benzo too)
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Those drugs do the most outrageous things to our nervous system, and epilepsy may be one of them. It's very important then that you tapered off of it, DV. You will heal from it. It's great that you started your journal. This way we will all be able to monitor your improvement much better. Keep us updated!
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Thank you for telling us more of your story. For other readers -- Lexomil / Bromazepam is a benzo.

I am so sorry that you had that frightening pseudo-epilepsy after the abrupt stopping of the Lexomil. That is so outrageous that you were placed in such a position and had to go through such fear that you had a serious neurological disorder.

You have done an excellent job of researching and discovering for yourself that these medications (and abrupt stopping of them) can cause many pseudo-physical and pseudo-psychological ailments.

It has been one year since your last dose of Deroxat, so you definitely do not need to worry about having a seizure now.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    It has been one year since your last dose of Deroxat, so you definitely do not need to worry about having a seizure now.
    the seizure i had was due to abrubtly stopping the benzo, and I was terribly afraid, physicians have not included it was due to what ?
    Thank you internet and sharing information that there's.
    but now that I knew what it was, I'm not afraid, even if I happened to have another seizure, I would not have fear when I know why
    July 2011 free
    heavy wd symptomes.
    still struggling

By the time I was on Deroxat (paxil), I had no side effects, everything was ok.
    My first reduction ( 7 april 2010 ) from 20mg to 10mg was terrible, the first sign was the zaps in the head two days during the 3rd Ihad a dream (nightmare, I dreamed of someone I barely knew, following me with a sword, wanting to kill me), I woke up at 1 am, I felt my heart beat slowly and heavily, I thought I would die, then I slept the next day I woke up with a chest pain, and weakness. I stayed in bed for two days, and palpitations after and breathlessness, . I thought I would die for these days !!

A few weeks after, it has stabilized a bit, but I was very tired. Then the headache that lasted 24 hours (never had headaches like).

to 5mg, I managed the Seroxat liquid (a friend of mine sent me from France because it is not available here), fewer palpitations, but the acne at the mouth and nose, and the pillicules to the hair and hair loss also.

And to the last drop, it went a little, not bad ( my last dose was in 14 july 2011 ).

January 2012, terrible tachycardia which last several months, and mostly after i eat.

today i suffer from heat sensitivity, bloodshot-eyes, and extreme fatigue.

sorry to complain as well, but I try to share my pain, and I know many of you have suffered at least like me.

Today, what remains of all this, is ignorance of doctors and those close to us who do not understand what it is withdrawal, and the dangers of RSSI's.

I pray to God that all who are like us heal, and that he gives us strength to overcome this.

D.V
    July 2011 free
    heavy wd symptomes.
    still struggling

That is very important that you share this with us, DV. It gives us a more complete picture of your situation, and equally important, it helps you to vent your frustration and suffering caused by those who prescribed you those pills. Drop by any time you need advice or support. It will be improving. Our bodies are incredibly resilient and they always strive to reach stasis again. Today you have a rough day, but it will not always be like this. Take it step by step and you will emerge from it healed.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

thank you LUC
    July 2011 free
    heavy wd symptomes.
    still struggling

DV -- I am very sorry you have gone through this suffering from withdrawing from Deroxat. All the symptoms you mention are classic for withdrawal. Do not hesitate to complain. We all need validation for this bizarre syndrome than is not yet sufficiently recognized by professional medicine.

It is good you tapered. And, as other people have said, you were not on the Deroxat for very long, and you seem to be progressing nicely through the recovery.

As Luc says, please feel free to write about whatever you want to say.

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit