Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: helllo, i'm new

helllo, i'm new

hello, I'm new, I am almost 1 year without medication, I suffer enormously, feeling hot, brulente skin, headache, and my chest and my head and my gums are throbbing, also fast heart rythm
    Deroxat (PAXIL) 20mg November 2009
    July 2011 free
    heavy wd symptomes.
    still struggling

Hello there new member,

Welcome to IAWP. I'm very sorry to hear of the suffering and pain you are currently experiencing. However, It seems like you have done a very good job going slowly and now are totally off paxil. Congratulations!

I'm glad you have discovered our site and I think you will find help and support here with your healing. There are other members who are going through a similar experience. If you would like, please share with us how you found IAWP.

And, you sure picked a very adorable cat picture for your signature.

Warm Regards,

Barbara
    "You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star." -- Nietzsche

Welcome to IAWP, DV. So sorry to hear you're going through such a rough time, but this will be improving. It's extremely important that you did a slow taper. All the symptoms you have mentioned are very common in withdrawal. Yes, Barbara is right - what a beautiful avatar you have. :) Hang in there bravely. We will help you as best as we can.
    Last edited by Luc; 07-08-2012 at 11:18 AM.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

hello Deroxat-victim,

you have not been long on paxil, with all i read, you will be able to heal much better and faster than i, hang on
    the heart thing will settle down with time
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

French Café Moderator Cosette123's Avatar
    Hello Deroxat-victim and welcome!
    I love your cat avatar because I have many cats at home!
    You will find excellent advices here and a real friendship.We form a big family!
    As Stan wrote, you have not been on Paxil for a long time so you will heal faster than other members.
    Our master is patience!
    Severe anxiety since childhood .SSRIs for OCD.
    Major traumatism in my life:Prozac during short periods.
    Deroxat (=Paxil) during 7 years.
    Three unsuccessful atempts to quit.
    Deroxat free since may 2008 (Cold turkey )

Thank you all. you are so kind, and it mean a lot to me at this moment
    July 2011 free
    heavy wd symptomes.
    still struggling

Welcome, DV! We are glad to have you here from Algeria!

What is the weather like near you now? People in recovery from Deroxat often have difficulties with the temperature regulation of their bodies. But, it is very often worse in warm weather. If you can keep your body as cool as possible, it might help somewhat with all the symptoms.

<-- I send some snow to Algeria in July for you.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Smile

it is 87 ° F, and it's very wet, I shower 4-5 times a day with cold water, I did not know for temperature and I felt very bad in these times of high heat, but I found a post on this site where they talked about symptoms and heat (heat intolerance, by BARBARA), which has really boosted the morale and pushed me to become a member on this site.

and thank you Sheila for the snow
    July 2011 free
    heavy wd symptomes.
    still struggling

Quote Originally Posted by deroxat-victim View Post
    it is 87 ° F, and it's very wet
    That's pretty warm, combined with high humidity it no doubt can worsen the symptoms. I, too, find high temperatures making it all worse. But once you know it, you can take precautions against it. Stay strong, DV, it will be getting better!
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

I am so glad that post about heat intolerance helped you. It is really good that you are taking cold showers to cool your core body temperature. I do not have air conditioning, and, when it is very hot here, I also take a cooling shower.

I also use a wet kerchief around my neck and wet socks and sometimes an ice pack from the freezer. I point two fans at myself. The wet kerchief and socks in front of the electric fan cool down my whole body. I also drink a lot of cold water.

How is your sleep?
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit