Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AMK 16 years later now who am I?

Good point about the dizzy spells, Luc. AnneMarie -- maybe until you get a sense of what you can handle, you could start with a walk with your girlfriend accompanying you. See how that goes.

Also, please encourage your partner to read on this forum too so she can be informed about psych med w/d (withdrawal), and, if she would like support for being a caregiver, she is most welcome to register and have her own account.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

You are very kind thank you. My girlfriend is patient but doesn't understand nobody does! It's funny really people have no idea, no idea at all.
    I remembered what else my shrink said, about my head injury. He said " My toddler bangs his head all the time!" I had, and I told him, a fractured skull, concussion, perforated ear drum and neck in cervical collar in
    intensive care for 2 weeks.
    I know I'm dwelling on it, But this is the person that prescribes me psychotropic medication by the bucket and I'm supposed to trust him? I have to see him tomorrow and I suppose I have to tell him I have not been taking my medication.
    He will probably be angry? If I dont tell him he will probably say Im doing well and seem more like myself haha.

Re your girlfriend -- it's very hard for the people in our lives to understand this new-ish form of neurological injury from psych meds. *We* don't fully understand it and we have been living with it and studying it for years. But, with effort, we find we can educate ourselves and the people in our lives.

That doctor's comments comparing a severe TBI to a toddler's headbanging is outrageous. It sounds like massive incompetence. You are in a vulnerable state right now, and your own protection and healing have to be your priority. Feel your way to what is the right thing to do for you. Consider that it might help you get in touch with your own power if you simply tell him your truth -- what you think has happened, is happening, and what you should do about it. Set a limit on any overly emotional behavior from him -- this is a professional relationship.

Good luck. And let us know what happens.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

It went well, I did not tell him. He says I am doing really well. I told him I am so tired all the time he says it is the depression, and that we may have to increase the meds.
    I just couldnt deal with having that discussion, I am only in there for like ten minutes anyway. If that. I am so tired and my muscles hurt, my skin hurts, and I feel unsteady or unsafe or something. I went for a bike ride on a river dyke with the dogs and it was hard work. I am usually able to bike a long way. What kinds of supplements work? I currently take mushroom powder, and I also like to hang upside down on my inversion table.
    Thanks again for the support

AM I doing this right?

OMG I cant deal I m emotional. My gf doesnt understand, I am angry sad overwhelmed. Tired sore frustrated angry.
    everytime I try and communicate it to my gf it just makes the situation worse.
    How long does it last? Please someone tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by AnneMarie View Post
    It went well, I did not tell him. He says I am doing really well. I told him I am so tired all the time he says it is the depression, and that we may have to increase the meds.
    I just couldnt deal with having that discussion, I am only in there for like ten minutes anyway. If that. I am so tired and my muscles hurt, my skin hurts, and I feel unsteady or unsafe or something.AM I doing this right?
    Don't worry about it. They don't understand much anyway. You know the reason why you've been feeling the way you feel, and that's the most important thing in it all. This will help you to cope with the withdrawal.

As for feeling tired, this is perfectly normal in withdrawal. If, on a given day, you're able to do certain things, that's fine. If not, do not push yourself too much.

As for supplements, it depends on a person. For me, they didn't work for the most part - I was hyper-sensitive to almost all of them (and many types of food as well). What you could always try would be to take some fish oil. For most of folks this one has been reported to have the fewest of side-effects in withdrawal.

I know how rough it is, AnneMarie, but this will improve eventually. In all honesty, if I hadn't been through WD myself, and hadn't experienced the hell of hells, I would have never believed it could be *so* beyond-all-words hellishly painful. It looks like your girlfriend may simply need more time to learn what WD is. If she tried reading this forum, she would for sure understand the whole situation better.
    Last edited by Luc; 06-26-2012 at 11:08 AM.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Continue to read on this site and educate yourself about the process of recovering from psych meds. Feel free to ask for more information.

Quote Originally Posted by AnneMarie View Post
    AM I doing this right?
    What are you asking about here?

-- Holger Kalweit

So I noticed no one is committing to how long it lasts? I have seen people on here talk about years and that seems unacceptable to me. I think I would just go back on the pills.
    It has been 26 days, I presume it is no longer in my system in its chemical form so what causes the symptoms?
    When I said am I doing this right I meant journalling posting that sort of thing
    cheers

Hi AnneMarie,

it is not as simple as you think, if we could stay on meds all life, there would be no problem;
    the thing is that after years, one day the meds do no more function(the tolerance or pop-out), your body, after accepting the poison during years do no more accept, then the doctor switches another, it works or not but 2 years after it works no more and here you try each psychotropic, add two different and so on, you become poly drugged, and are not well;
    therefore i suffer since years to be meds free and do not regret, being better today and no more hooked at these poisons
    it is a personal choice
    the forum have been made for people who want be meds free, for the other we cannot help
    taken 16 years has modified your chemical in all body, this takes often years to "reverse"
    when you are journaling, i also am journaling, it is to help us, to help others, the forum is for this
    your symptoms are caused by the chemical changes in your body by the poison
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

my boy

Thank you STan. Is that your dog , my boy died in October here is a pic. He was dressed as Dracula for Halloween one year