Thread: anxiety , internal jitters

anxiety , internal jitters

of all the symptoms I have this is the one I find very hard to deal with. It comes on for no reason and its horrible! I can do pain and dizzies but this sucks!!!!!!!!!!!

i experience pains in chest and spine and arms(or ribcage i do not know exactly) and legs rigidity when walking and dizzy of course, it is as heart condition, but most is adrenal disregulation, it is anxiety panic state,
    i have no fear when walking, it is chemical terror linked to mild exercise as walking;
    i can imagine what you are describing Squirrel
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Yes, I have it too, Squirrel, though it's managed to improve. Sometimes it also goes with those inner vibrations - curiously, the vibrations appeared when I was somewhere around my second year off. Overall, they are there, but less tortuous.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

All the muscles in my chest and back tighten and i Feel i cannot breathe and sometimes my heart jumps in my chest.

This sounds like mild-moderate akathisia. I don't have as physical an experience as you, squirrel. My anxiety is more purely emotional -- although, of course, I do have a lot of physical tension with it. It's my cross-to-bear symptom. This is the symptom I wanted to get rid of first, and it looks like it's going to be the one I get rid of last. IOW, I have had a lot of improvement, but I would trade it *all* to get rid of this one.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Sheila I have not had it this bad since around July of last year. Maybe odd hours of it but not like this.

Does anyone know how we can still get Akathisia after this length of time. I know its drug related but I had none for 7 years?

Squirrel, even that far off, such akathisia-like wave can happen. And it can get trggered by many different things; a change in diet, over-exertion, stress (and even a positive emotional reaction!), weather, supplements, other drugs, even herbs, vitamins, and many others. I know how it feels when one of the symptoms is back (even if less intense than in early WD). Try to think of things that you have changed in your life recently (food, activities, etc.) Maybe there lies an answer. Talking of the symptoms, we're having terrible weather here - hot and humid. One out of many symptoms that have worsened for me (though probably the least annoying) is those red patches on my skin (I hadn't had it that intense for a long time - I'd say the last I saw them so intense was about a year ago. And it all is very much weather-related.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

wouldn't be so bad if we weren't all having to figure this all out ourselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It does sound like this symptom of yours is seasonally-worsened, squirrel. It seems like a lot of us get worse in the summer light and heat -- but not all of us. And, yes, this is one of those medical mysteries that are very hard to figure out!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit