Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: Sound Bites

"A strong positive mental attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug."

Patricia Neal
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

"Two wrongs don’t make a right, but two Wrights made an airplane.'

Unknown

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

― Edmund Burke
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

"There is no such thing as a spiritual journey. If there were a spiritual journey, it would be only a quarter inch long, though many miles deep. You do not have to go away outside yourself to come into real conversation with your soul and with the mysteries of the spiritual world. The eternal is at home --within you."

-- Meister Eckhart

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

“Life is like photography. You need the negatives to develop.”

Unknown

“Do I contradict myself? Very well, then, I contradict myself; I am large -- I contain multitudes.”

Walt Whitman

"Don't think you have to be solemn to meditate. To meditate well, you have to smile a lot."

-- Thich Nhat Hanh

-- Holger Kalweit

"If they don't tell you you're crazy, you're not doing something worthwhile, because what you do when you innovate is you disturb the existing order."

-- Peter Eisenberger

[thanks to nhne-pulse.org for the find]

-- Holger Kalweit

"Better three hours too soon than a minute too late."

William Shakespeare

“Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won’t expect it back.”

Oscar Wilde