Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Sound Bites

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."

Mark Twain
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

“The compensations of calamity are made apparent to the understanding also, after long intervals of time. A fever, a mutilation, a cruel disappointment, a loss of wealth, a loss of friends, seems at the moment unpaid loss, and unpayable. But the sure years reveal the deep remedial force that underlies all facts.”

-- Ralph Waldo Emerson
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post

thanks to nhne-pulse.org
    Love this!

"As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter."

"I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness."

-- Max Planck, the Father of Quantum Theory

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

“Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

Bernard M. Baruch

"When hungry, eat your rice; when tired, close your eyes. Fools may laugh at me, but wise men will know what I mean."

Lin-Chi

"The years teach much which the days never know."

Ralph Waldo Emerson

“An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.”

-- Victor Hugo, Histoire d'un crime (1852)

-- Holger Kalweit

French Café Moderator Cosette123's Avatar
    Wow!I love the Victor Hugo's sentence.It's so true.
    Severe anxiety since childhood .SSRIs for OCD.
    Major traumatism in my life:Prozac during short periods.
    Deroxat (=Paxil) during 7 years.
    Three unsuccessful atempts to quit.
    Deroxat free since may 2008 (Cold turkey )

“The man who discovers a new scientific truth has previously had to smash to atoms almost everything he had learned, and arrives at the new truth with hands blood-stained from the slaughter of a thousand platitudes.”

-- Jose Ortega y Gasset

-- Holger Kalweit