Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Sound Bites

"Sometimes people put up walls, not to keep others out, but to see who cares enough to break them down."

Bananna
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

thanks to nhne-pulse.org
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

"Don't be afraid of change. You may end up losing something good, but you will probably end up gaining something better."

Unknown

"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself ‘I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along. You must do the thing you think you cannot do’."

-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

“The best listeners listen between the lines.”

Nina Malkin

A Native American myth recounts that the Creator gathered all of creation and said, "I want to hide something from humans until they are ready for it. It is the realization that they can create their own life and their own reality." The eagle said, "Give it to me; I'll take it to the moon and hide it there." But the Creator said, "No, one day they will go there and will find it." Then the salmon said, "Give it to me; I'll hide it in the bottom of the sea." "No," said the Creator, "they'll get there too." Well, the buffalo came and said, "Give it to me; I'll bury it in the plains." The Creator said, "No, they will get there. They will cut into the skin of the earth, and they will find it even there." But then Grand Mother mole came, the one that has no physical eyes to see on the outside but has spiritual eyes and the capacity to see on the inside, and she said, "Put it inside them; they'll never find it there." And the Creator said, "It is done."

-- Holger Kalweit

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."

Soren Kierkegaard

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”

-- Hebrews 11:1

-- Holger Kalweit

"If I had an hour to solve a problem I'd spend 55 minutes thinking about the problem and 5 minutes thinking about solutions."

Albert Einstein

“The arrival of a good clown exercises a more beneficial influence upon the health of a town than the arrival of twenty asses laden with drugs.”

-- Thomas Sydenham, 17th c. physician

-- Holger Kalweit