Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Sound Bites

"You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take."

-- Wayne Gretsky, hockey legend
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

“Where there is ruin, there is hope for a treasure.”

― Rumi

“Beauty surrounds us.”

― Rumi

"I remember experiencing a deep, pure meditation and thinking I was beginning to find what I had quested for. But I knew enough to just let it go and meditate some more, and then on the fourth day, my mind fell into chaos, and I thought 'well I was wrong'. But instead of using concentration as a sword to cut the confusion away, casting all out except the luminous ground, I embraced the chaos with all my heart. Then, body, mind, and the world started to open. It was like a great wave, opening over me. I was filled with joy and clarity. It was both empty and full. Cool winter and warm spring together. I felt I could understand everything. This went on for days, for weeks….After this, life was so joyful, alive. My oldest fears were just washed away, just gone. I was finally truly alive, and…I was smiling for weeks and months."

-- A European Zen master, describing his first experience of Satori (enlightenment), which occurred after nine years of psychotherapy, dreamwork, and meditation, from Jack Kornfield's "After the Ecstasy, the Laundry"
    "You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star." -- Nietzsche

"In a gentle way, you can shake the world"

Mohandas Gandhi
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

"We all live in suspense from day to day; in other words,

you are the hero of your own story."

Mary McCarthy

Funny quotes category;

"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere"

Groucho Marx

"When the heart weeps for what it has lost, the soul laughs for what it has found."

-- Sufi aphorism

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Found this quote... in Yotube comments section. Pure awesomeness;

For those who think life is depressing because it is full of never ending conflict, misunderstanding, tension, defeat, less, etc. Think of how glorious conflict, reinterpretation, victory, and gain are.

Distortion0

<----- I use this emoticon b/c the above quote is so moving...

“You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.”

-- Buddha

-- Holger Kalweit