Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: acceptance

acceptance

how does someone accept this crap!

7 years out and no better off in fact I am In a much worse situation than I was before meds. Much much worse. I cannot accept what has happened to me . i get up each day hoping that it will be better but it never is. Sorry to sound so negative but to be honest I went on ssri for panic attacks ( as told by my doc I had a chemical imbalance) after stopping i got a whole load of symptoms everyday that I never had before and they have lasted 7 years. i see no end to it! how do I accept it!!!!!!!

French Café Moderator Cosette123's Avatar
    Oh Squirrel I am "only" 4 years off but I could write exactly the same. I am worse than I was before the meds,I am not the same and I became pessimistic.I try to accept and to believe in a better future but life is hard...
    Severe anxiety since childhood .SSRIs for OCD.
    Major traumatism in my life:Prozac during short periods.
    Deroxat (=Paxil) during 7 years.
    Three unsuccessful atempts to quit.
    Deroxat free since may 2008 (Cold turkey )

Accept would be reasonable maybe, but at 3 years 2 months i am not able, too much neurological physical damage;
    i could accept maybe one damage, but not so many, near all areas have something much or less wrong...
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

I so know what you mean, Squirrel. Sometimes it feels like an acceptance at gun point for us. Still, left between rebelling against it and accepting it, I do all I can to accept it; any time I'd try acting Spartacus, the chains get tightier and more painful. On the other hand, even if it sounds contradictory, we are not robots either, so we have all the right to curse and swear at this crap. How exhausting it all already is... All that said, I have never lost conviction about it keeping improving, no matter how crappily slow.
    Last edited by Luc; 06-18-2012 at 07:18 PM.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Maybe you don’t accept it, squirrel. Maybe people have different needs at different times. Sometimes, it feels more relieving to surrender to a force greater than you. Sometimes, it feels like you’re being more true to yourself if you stick with saying, “No, this is absolutely not OK with me.”

Things are going to keep changing. You’re definitely going to feel better. It’s just taking a damned long time.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

one day i say i accept to better fight, the next day being worse, i can no more accept

I have been trying to accept hoping things will get better but after 7 years hope starts fading,i reach for the light at the end of the tunnel only to find another tunnel!

two tunnels in withdrawal? we are not out of the wood!...

accept to live psychotropics disabled!...

at 7 years, wait the 10 years, and if needed then wait the 15 years mark etc
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg

10 , 15 years i would rather be dead !

i do not remember if it was Breggin who said some need 10 years to recover, but i remember this sentence