Thread: What am I gonna do about this RLS!!!

What am I gonna do about this RLS!!!

Hey guys, as im writing this, its 5 a.m. ive been tired since 1 a.m. but literally can't sleep cause of the RLS, i have this now pretty frequently, i don't hear people on here talk of this much, so not sure if its w/d, something i have , or something the drugs caused that i'll have permanetly now, i feel bad all the time now cause of this, i cant even lay down now, cause of this, i have it whenever i lay to sleep, day and night, not sure what im gonna do, i may have to take some kind of medication, cause i have to live for God's sake, i'm so sick of all this, i guess i wish id never quit the meds, heck, at least i slept, ive gained nothing by quitting, ive even lost cause i quit, its been a horrible summer, but i just keep going, i basically have no choice. I just needed to vent, im just worn out, i don't post much, cause i feel so bad i just dont feel like it, guys im tired of fighting this battle, so so tired!!!

Hey, Shane. I moved it to "Symptoms and Relief". :)

Going back to drugs wouldn't be a good option. It's important that you realize it. I know how this stuff feels, but we must ride it out. Have you tried limiting the caffeine and carbs intake? You mentioned you like fast foods - these are absolutely the *worst*. We shouldn't have them at all, and not even if we weren't in WD. Also, when the vibrations and RLS were at their worst in my case, I took a shower before going to bed (maybe it'd worth trying? Just be prepared sometimes it may work the opposite - we all differ, so you would need to simply experiment). Did you have some stretches of time without experiencing RLS?

It's very good that you come here to vent, Shane. It helps, it takes your mind away from the symptoms.

It takes lots of time to heal, but it will happen eventually.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Shane -- I'm so sorry you're going through this torture. I really know what it feels like to feel trapped and doomed.

I am absolutely certain this is a withdrawal effect from medications. Many people get RLS from many of the current, popular medications. This is the huge risk of taking any new medication -- many of them cause RLS.

I have noticed that everyone has a "cross-to-bear" symptom -- the one they cannot stand. It varies from person to person. Yours is RLS. Mine is anxiety / terror / paranoia.

Even the cross-to-bear symptom will slowly, irregularly improve, and eventually come to an end.

There may be things you can do to make the RLS a bit better. You will have to get organized about experimenting. Maybe start a log where you try different things *consistently* and then record the results. We have lots of suggestions for things for you to try.

You *will* get past this. It is *not* permanent. It is getting better right at this moment.

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

i think meds for restless legs are increasing dopamine, you wil have relief but in a few years you will produce more less dopamine and you will be much worse, best is to try natural and wait withdrawal slowly diminish
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

I was put on meds for RLS but when I saw written on packet "do not suddenly stop taking this medication" I thought "oh no, not another one!" I found out that it also affects the brain (one was Lyrica, cannot remember the other one) so I wouldn't take them, but i know how rotten it is. It is also one of the things that prevents me from getting off to sleep (takes me 2 hrs).

Someone said elsewhere not to do anything for 2 hours before bed (no tv, reading, etc ) to just relax. I haven't tried that yet. I tried the hot bath and it didn't help, but it is worth trying as it might help you - also epsom salts in bath may help.

I get up several times and walk around and get back into bed and find that helps a bit.

If you find some relief let us all know what works!

I have only mild, occasional RLS now. When I do, I have discovered it really helps to lie on my left side. I would love to know if anyone else finds this works. I have the RLS worse when lying on my back.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

So you guys have this RLS as well, its not just me? I hope it is just withdrawal

Though it's not the main of my symptoms, it still acts up from time to time in my case, Shane. And yes, it is WD. But it will be getting better. Stay strong!
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

French Café Moderator Cosette123's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zoloft25 View Post
    So you guys have this RLS as well, its not just me? I hope it is just withdrawal
    No Shane,it's not just you.I sometimes have this symptome too.Stay strong because you have already done a long way !
    Severe anxiety since childhood .SSRIs for OCD.
    Major traumatism in my life:Prozac during short periods.
    Deroxat (=Paxil) during 7 years.
    Three unsuccessful atempts to quit.
    Deroxat free since may 2008 (Cold turkey )