Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Vitamin C

Hi Luc. Yes, 500mg is very low. I feel bloated about an hour after taking it. Before withdrawal, i had a similar reaction, but to a multivitamin, but i had stomach pains too, which i dont get now. I will stay on the 500mg and see how it goes.

NH – My first thought was nocebo, too – meaning, you’re so (understandably) afraid now that you have a physiological fear reaction to anything.

But, I ran it past Barbara and she had another thought – you *might* be having a slight detox reaction to it. If that’s the case, it should get better as your system adjusts to that level of Vit. C. Maybe wait two weeks before going up again.

Another possibility is that you are sensitive to the fillers and coloring in pills. You could try a Vit. C powder that you just add to water.

But, you really need the Vit C more than most, so I think it’s worth figuring out a way for this to work. Just to give you perspective, I take 9600. I had to go up slow, though. I would get too activated if I went up fast. If I updosed slowly, I had no side effects.

PS – Then, I just read poodlebell’s post elsewhere and it reminded me that some people have GI problems on plain Vit. C and have to take a buffered version like Ester C!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

WHOLE FOOD VITAMINS: Ascorbic Acid is Not Vitamin C

http://www.whale.to/a/shea1.html

Also, see post #15 above.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

I have a huge box full of supplements I tried in WD before I ended back on the drug (didn't know it was wd, thought I had just lost it). Anyway, there's a c-vitamin powder in there too and I'm wondering if it's good? Any thoughts? This is the one:
    http://www.iherb.com/HealthForce-Nut...oz-500-g/20523

I do eat a lot of fruits and vegetables already.
    Acceptance. Time. Habit.

Moui - -That powder looks particularly good, because it’s from a whole food, real food source!

“Each 1.5 teaspoons provides: 302 mg of naturally occurring, truly natural, absorbable, non-toxic Vitamin C complex from a whole food extract of Acerola Berry (containing naturally occurring co-factors including bioflavonoids, vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients). Naturally buffered. This product does NOT contain isolated vitamin C! This truly natural Acerola concentrate is not excreted in large amounts in the urine (visible as a yellowish tint), is not highly acidic, is non-toxic, and does not cause nutrient imbalances (does not imbalance iron and copper levels or promote anemia). Vitamin C never occurs as an isolate in nature; it is part of an entire vitamin C complex! Food sources of the entire vitamin C complex are the only way to get nutrition as nature intended.”

-- Holger Kalweit