Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A little help from mother nature !

A little help from mother nature !

Hi all,

I will post information about Natural supplements to could help our healing/Brain functions. I recommand you study one that interest you and see with your open mind doctor or even better find yourself a GOOD Osteophate/Naturophate and discuss with the idea of maybe using one of those supplements at a time frist.

VERY IMPORTANT, SOME OF THE SUPPLEMENTS COULD INDUCE A NEGATIVE EFFECT, YOU WILL HAVE TO USE CAUTION WHEN USING IT FOR THE FIRST TIME, GO VERY SLOWLY AT VERY LOW DOSAGE/QUANTITY, DISCONTINUE IMMEDIATELY IF YOU DON'T FEEL RIGHT. UNTIL YOU FIND THE PROPER ONE WE WOULD LIKE YOUR FEEDBACK HERE AND SHARE WITH US WHAT WORKS FOR YOU.

DISCLAIMER:USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, ASK FOR ADVISE FIRST IF NOT CERTAIN

ok here we go: We suggest to get 100% Organic/Natural sources (food, etc) for each supplement, do not use synthetics, non organic/natural sources of any of those elements, you must find the very best quality out there.

The more common stuff first:

-Essential fatty acids OMEGA-3-6-9 (the basics), try to get them through Skrill (a fish), oils are good but they are extract and a little difficult to absorb and can be hard on the digestive system, only wild fishes contain hight quatity fatty acids, Salmon, traut, etc...cultured fish has only 10% of the good stuff in them.

-Antioxidants like Chaga, etc.

- Vitamin B 12 Vitamin B12, vitamin B12 or vitamin B-12, also called cobalamin, is a water soluble vitamin with a keyrole in the normal functioning of the brain and nervous system, and for the formation of blood.

-Niacin (as Niacinamide) Niacin (also known as vitamin B3, nicotinic acid and vitamin PP) is an organic compound and one of the forty to eighty essential human nutrients.

-Guarana Extract Guarana ( /ˌɡwɑrəˈnɑː/, from the Portuguese [ɡwaɾɐˈna], Paullinia cupana, syn. P. crysan, P. sorbilis) is a climbing plant in the maple family, Sapindaceae, native to the Amazon basin and especially common in Brazil. Guarana features large leaves and clusters of \ flowers, and is best known for its fruit, which is about the size of a coffee bean. As a dietary supplement, guarana is an effective stimulant:[1] it contains about twice the caffeine found in coffee beans (about 2–4.5% caffeine in guarana seeds compared to 1– 2% for coffee beans).[2]

-Kola Nut Extract Kola nut is a caffeine-containing nut of Cola acuminata and Cola sharp ,trees of the cocoa family. It is native to tropical Africa and cultivated extensively in the American tropics.

-DMAE Dimethylaminoethanol, also known as DMAE or dimethylethanolamine, is an organic compound. Short-term studies have shown an increase in vigilance and alertness with a positive influence on mood following administration of DMAE, vitamins, and minerals.[4] Research for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) has been promising, though inconclusive.[5] Long-term studies are equivocal.

-Acetyl L-Carnitine Acetyl-L-carnitine or ALCAR, is an acetylated form of L-carnitine. It is a dietary supplement and naturally occurs in plants. ALCAR has the ability to cross the blood-brain barrier and get to the brain blood circulation, where it acts as a powerful antioxidant,[14] which helps in prevention of the brain cells’ deterioration. Its supplementation has been shown to be neuro-protective in instances of cerebral ischemia in rats[15] and may be useful in treating peripheral nerve injury.[16] It may have some neuroprotective benefit in the treatment of Parkinson’s disease, but further research is required.[17]

-Bacoppa Monnieri Extract This plant has a number of uses in Ayurveda and Ayurvedic medicine. Studies in humans show that an extract of the plant has anti-anxiety effects.[5][6]
    It is listed as a nootropic, a drug that enhances cognitive ability. In India, this plant has also been used traditionally to consecrate newborn babies in the belief that it will open the gateway of intelligence. Laboratory studies on rats indicate that extracts of the plant improve memory capacity[7] and motor learning ability.[5] Recent studies suggest bacopa may improve intellectual activity.

-Peppermint Oil Peppermint (Mentha × piperita, also known as M. balsamea Willd.[1]) is a hybrid mint, a cross between the watermint (Mentha aquatica) and spearmint (Mentha spicata).[2] According to the international journal of neuroscience, the aroma of peppermint has been found to enhance memory.[10] Some studies suggested that it can be administered by instructors to their students before examinations, to aid recall

-Tulsi (Holy Basil) Extract Ocimum tenuiflorum (also tulsi, tulasī, or Holy Basil) is an aromatic plant which is widely known across South Asia as a medicinal plant and an herbal tea, commonly used in Ayurveda. Tulsi is considered to be an adaptogen,[13] balancing different processes in the body, and helpful for adapting to stress.[15]Tulsi is regarded in Ayurveda as a kind of “elixir of life” and believed to promote longevity

-Green Tea Extract Green tea is made solely with the leaves of Camellia sinensis. Over the last few decades green tea has been subjected to many scientific and medical studies to determine the extent of its long-purported health benefits, with some evidence suggesting that regular green tea drinkers have lower chances of heart disease[3] and of developing certain types of cancer.[4]Although green tea does not raise the metabolic rate enough to produce immediate weight loss, a green tea extract containing polyphenols and caffeine has been shown to induce thermogenesis and stimulate fat oxidation, boosting the metabolic rate 4% without increasing the heart rate

-Gingko Biloba Extract Ginkgo is believed to have nootropic properties, and is mainly used as memory[33] and concentration enhancer. However, studies differ about its efficacy. The largest and longest independent clinical trial to assess Ginkgo biloba’s ability to prevent memory loss has found that the supplement alone does not prevent or delay dementia or Alzheimer’s disease.[34] According to some studies, Ginkgo can significantly improve attention in healthy individuals.[37][38] In one such study, the effect was almost immediate and reaches its peak in 2.5 hours after the intake.[39] One study suggests that Ginkgo’s effect on cognition may be attributable to its inhibitory effect on norepinephrine reuptake

-Rhodiola Extract Rhodiola rosea may be effective for improving mood and alleviating depression. Pilot studies on human subjects[2][3][4] showed that it improves physical and mental performance, and may reduce fatigue. Rhodiola rosea’s effects are potentially mediated by changes in serotonin and dopamine levels due tomonoamine oxidase inhibition and its influence on opioid peptides such as beta-endorphin,[5] although these specific neuro-chemical mechanisms have not been clearly documented with scientific studies. Rhodiola is included among a class of plant derivatives called adaptogens which differ from chemical stimulants, such as nicotine, and do not have the same physiological effects

-Phosphatidylserine The benefits of PS in cognitive enhancement applications is currently under study. First pilot studies indicate that PS supplementation might be beneficial for children with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder.[8][9. FDA has given "qualified health claim" status to phosphatidylserine, stating that "Consumption of phosphatidylserine may reduce the risk of dementia in the elderly" and "Consumption of phosphatidylserine may reduce the risk of cognitive dysfunction in the elderly".

-L-Tyrosine Tyrosine is one of the 20 amino acids that are used by cells to synthesize proteins. Tyrosine is a precursor to neurotransmitters and increases plasma neurotransmitter levels (particularly dopamine and norepinephrine)[9] Improvements in cognitive and physical performance[11][17][18] seen in human trials

-Alpha Glycerylphosphorylcholine L-Alpha Glycerylphosphorylcholine (Alpha GPC, choline alfoscerate) is a natural choline compound found in the brain and in milk. It is also a parasympathomimetic acetylcholineprecursor[1] which may have potential for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease and is used as anootropic dietary supplement to enhance memory and cognition.
    Alpha GPC rapidly delivers choline to the brain across the blood-brain barrier and is a biosynthetic precursor of the acetylcholine neurotransmitter.[2] Alpha GPC is derived from highly purified soy lecithin

-Citicoline Citicoline (INN), also known as cytidine diphosphate-choline (CDP-Choline) & cytidine 5′-diphosphocholine is a psychostimulant/nootropic. It is an intermediate in the generation ofphosphatidylcholine from choline. Sold in over 70 countries under a variety of brand names: Ceraxon, Cognizin, NeurAxon, Somazina etc

-Huperzine Extract Huperzine A is a naturally occurring sesquiterpene alkaloid compound found in the plant firmoss Huperzia serrata.[1]In the US, Huperzine A is sold as a dietary supplement for memory support. The botanical has been used in China for centuries for the treatment of swelling, fever and blood disorders. Clinical trials in China have shown it to be effective in the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease[3] and enhancing memory in students

-Vinpocetine Vinpocetine (brand names: Cavinton, Intelectol; chemical name: ethyl apovincaminate) is [1] an extract from the periwinkle (plant) Vinca minor. Vinpocetine is widely marketed as a supplement for vasodilation and as a nootropic for the improvement of memory. In other words, Vinpocetine may help support brain functions such as concentration and memory by activating cerebral metabolism. Vinpocetine has been identified as a potent anti-inflammatory agent that might have a potential role in the treatment of Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s disease

French Café Moderator Cosette123's Avatar
    I started taking Vitamin B 12 a few weeks ago and it seems to have a positive effect!
    Severe anxiety since childhood .SSRIs for OCD.
    Major traumatism in my life:Prozac during short periods.
    Deroxat (=Paxil) during 7 years.
    Three unsuccessful atempts to quit.
    Deroxat free since may 2008 (Cold turkey )

JF -- Thanks for sharing your research. You've done a lot of work and learned a lot! I'm moving this thread to "Symptoms and Relief. "Taking Action" is more oriented to actions other than symptom-relief.

Cosette -- What benefits have you noticed from the B12?
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Cosette -- What benefits have you noticed from the B12?
    It seems that my neurological problems(Ataxia...) are a little decreasing.

How much do you take, Cosette?
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

@Sheila,

OK.

Vitamin B12 is involved in a number of key body processes, but is especially key to red blood cell production, nervous system function, sperm production, normal growth and the proper function of the immune system. It has also been shown to improve memory and concentration, help prevent cancer and also protect against allergies and toxins (especially the cyanide found in cigarette smoke and some foods).

Vitamin B12 is also closely involved in the production of melatonin(sleep hormone), which controls the release of many hormones in the body and is involved with the sleep/wake cycle.

Vitamin B12 will not specificly target brain dysfonction, it will act in a larger spectrum (general) but it is possible the very basics of vitamines we need for a healtly the nervous system. Using supplement of B12 (natural source only) should not result in a negative interaction to any of us as it is part of the foundation of a good nervous system.

Absortion is key and B12 should be taken with food and other vitamines A-C-D, etc

Dietary sources of Vitamin B12 (mcg / 100g)
    -Lamb's liver 54 -Cheese (Edam) 1.8
    -Pork liver 23 -Haddock 1.4
    -Oysters 18 -Flounder 1.2
    -Sardines 17 -Cheddar cheese 1.0
    -Trout 5 -Cottage cheese 1.0
    -Salmon 4 -Mozzarella cheese 1.0
    -Tuna 3 -Halibut 1.0
    -Lamb 2.1 -Swordfish 1.0
    -Eggs 2.0 -Yeast extract 0.5
    -Beef 1.8

Caution with Tuna and Swordfish those 2 have relatively high mercury containt in them, WE ALL WANT TO AVOID MERCURY AS IT WILL AFFECT OUR NERVOUS SYSTEM IN VERY BAD WAYS

In RED you have some of the very best Omega-3 oils containt, eat the skin if ever possible, you must get those fish in the wild. Many times Trout comes from an artifical lake that culture this fish, this is not a good source at all.

More on essential fatty acids shortly...!!

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    How much do you take, Cosette?
    http://www.biovea.com/fr/product_det...ID=1715&OS=202

one pill a day

I've been wondering when it would be safe for me to start on B vitamins and which ones. I got so convinced on pp that the Bs would make me more anxious, that I have avoided them the whole of w/d.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    I've been wondering when it would be safe for me to start on B vitamins and which ones. I got so convinced on pp that the Bs would make me more anxious, that I have avoided them the whole of w/d.
    Perhaps trying one at a time, and very very slowly, possibly using those in liquid? And monitoring the situation the entire time? In my earlier WD, I tried magnesium. The problem is, at some point, I had an impression it started to aggravate the symptoms. But it could just be coincidence - there're so many factors involved that could potentially worsen the wave it's difficult to really know what may have caused it. I'm planning to go back to magnesuim anyway. Possibly starting off with very low doses. We shall see.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.