Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Go slower?

Right -- key point -- you have to heal, not just get off the poison.

And, in answer to your question about an imperceptible taper, see posts #32 and 35 above. This stuff is so powerful and we are so sensitized (so dysautonomic), that there is, practically speaking, no such thing as an imperceptible drop for some of us. Now, for some lucky people, tapering is a breeze....
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Just completed week 4 of a 2.5% taper. No noticeable improvement, in fact some symptoms were worse than previous week 4 of 5% taper so go figure. Only 1 improvement and that is breathlesssness but I put that downto doing the breathing/relaxation exercieses 4 or 5 times a day.

I was spurred on to "be kind to myself" - yes, still remembering to do this! I noticed the thread about resting pulse being 40-60. My pulse is usually 90 and goes to 100+ when it races at times and resting is 70, even after an hour. So I thought I should rest more often throughout the day and be kind to my heart. I can't be sure about the breathlessness, but it definitely s improved, so I presume this is why, so that is interesting.

Also last taper was horrific for 4 days with high head pressure, high head vibratiion often at the same time all day every day. I felt like I was going to explode! One night I was just so awful I thought I would not wake up. So next day I took my BP and it was 164/81, so not sure if the high blood pressure caused those symptoms or it was w/d causing the whole deal.

Anyway, the next day I had a VERY GOOD DAY! I could not believe it and blood pressure was back to 120!

We went to the big smoke thinking I might bave another good day but the pressure was back but mild - moderate and I coped fairly well but could not sleep last night at all, got about 4 hours sleep. Today I am very, very tired as a result, and looking forward to my after lunch nap.

I'm so sorry about the head pressure and vibration. It's so grueling to have one of two symptoms that really dog your steps. You have really done so well at integrating this new idea of being kinder to yourself!

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Week 5 % 2.5% taper compared to previous week

Overall
    Many symptoms the same; Several symptoms improved
    Many symptoms worse, most noteably emotional lowness & strengthlessness

week 5 @ 2.5% compared to previous week 5's @ 5% taper

Some things the same; some improved, some worse
    Improvement in breathlessness
    Improvement in tension heads and headaches
    Improvement in the number of sore heads
    Less bad days
    less number of good days
    Less painkillers

It seems that there is now an improvement at week 5 in many symptoms. Week 5 also saw my first "window".
    This is looking good, as previously in 5% tapers it just got worse and worse as the weeks went by, taking at least 10 weeks to
    begin to see any improvement.

It seems that there is now an improvement at week 5 in many symptoms. Week 5 also saw my first "window".
    This is looking good, as previously in 5% tapers it just got worse and worse as the weeks went by, taking at least 10 weeks to
    begin to see any improvement.

Week 6 Compared to previous week 6’s:
    Some things the same – tens h/a nil; body vibes, tired; weak; itchy; palpitations; tight chests; dizzy nil, tingling; insomia; indigestion; cramps nil; head banging/zaps

some improved, - h/a; sore heads, scalp flashes; backacke; breathlessness; p/ks

some worse – head vibes; no of good days ; no of bad days

Well, this is *very* interesting, gD! It looks like it might behoove you to taper at the rate of 2.5% instead of 5%. I know this is frustrating, but you're not alone. There are others who have to go down by tiny amounts, or wait long periods in between drops.

The important thing is that you are *lucky* that you can get off the drug. There are some people who can't. And it's also important to remember that you are healing with every drop. And, if you suffer less, have less extreme symptoms, and put your body through less stress, then you may even end up healing much faster than if you pushed yourself to the limit.

-- Holger Kalweit

That is so encouragaing Sheila, thank you! I have been feeling the improvement this week already. Again, that would be unusual in week 6 of a 5% taper where I used to just keep getting worse and worse. So my thinking might be right, that I can do 2.5% taper every 6 weeks instead of the 5% every 12 weeks. At this point, however, I m in week 7 and staying here so we can go away for a few days and feel okay. I will taper when we come back home. I am no worse off by doing it this way, provided I can continue to taper every 6 weeks, meaning it won't take me twice as long, but the same amount of time. I will feel happier tapering more frequently, because 12 weeks was such a long time and I would get so frustrated, fed up and impatient.