Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Go slower?

I see that many of you are CT'ers, but as for tapering, I was thinking that surely there must be a point at which you can go so slow that your brain cannot perceive the drop????????????????

theorically, yes,

but it seems not functionning as this; my drops since 3 years 5 months are null; and i suffer anyway
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    theorically, yes,

but it seems not functionning as this; my drops since 3 years 5 months are null; and i suffer anyway
    How long were you on for? How long was your taper? Was your taper too fast do you think??

i was 12 years on paxil, taper 1,5 month, celexa 1 month, taper 11 months ; the sum is 13 years
    for me and others i think that paxil (or else) deteriorate nerves in random in all body(bowels, stomach, bones, head, much muscles etc) and when we stop slow or fast, there is a situation state of destroying in muscles, organs, mental etc and this has to be repaired with years for long termers, and less time for short termers,
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

What Stan said is right on -- theoretically, yes, it should be possible to go slow enough to make the drops imperceptible. But, somehow, practically speaking, this doesn't seem to be the case. One reason, is that this diabolical class of meds causes problems if you drop too fast AND causes problems is you drop too slow.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    i was 12 years on paxil, taper 1,5 month, celexa 1 month, taper 11 months ; the sum is 13 years
    for me and others i think that paxil (or else) deteriorate nerves in random in all body(bowels, stomach, bones, head, much muscles etc) and when we stop slow or fast, there is a situation state of destroying in muscles, organs, mental etc and this has to be repaired with years for long termers, and less time for short termers,
    So it is only with time that all these can heal? Myself, like many others would dearly love to get off the drug asap, but I am seeing that people like yourself get off fast, but still have problems for years after. I see from what you say that it has caused damage to nerves and muscles and bones - which affects ALL THE BODY! So it is just a matter of time, right? Already we are getting old and body slowing down/breaking down, so I guess that is why it is so hard/slow. I really hope we can have some time at the end of this and feel normal for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    What Stan said is right on -- theoretically, yes, it should be possible to go slow enough to make the drops imperceptible. But, somehow, practically speaking, this doesn't seem to be the case. One reason, is that this diabolical class of meds causes problems if you drop too fast AND causes problems is you drop too slow.
    Has anyone tried to go super slow do you know? And failed?
    This is bad news for me that going too slow doesn't work either! AAAAGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure what you're asking. What I'm saying is that, for many of us, there is no way to totally avoid w/d symptoms. Even if you go very slow, you still get some w/d suffering. But, going too fast causes more suffering. So, we should each find "the sweet spot" -- the pace that's best (but not perfect) for us. Some healing happens along the way, and more healing happens after the end of the taper.

And maybe try not to think of your slow taper as not working for you. It *is* working. You are getting off a poison that is so strong that it is like taking 10 different meds. It's not pretty. :) But, you *are* succeeding. And remember, you're healing as you go, not just getting off the drug.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

This is where I get stuck at times - wanting to just get off the crap fast - but wanting to be able to cope better with it. Thinking that I must get off the poison, but forgetting I have to heal ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    I'm not sure what you're asking.
    I guess my question is this: Surely there is a taper that is so slow that the brain cannot percieve it and you and you can have better quality of life?