Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: Go slower?

Yes, it looks like it had something to do with the trip – bed, lack of air in the van, swimming, change itself, foods, etc. It's beastly. I'm really sorry.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

I had a good half day 2 weeks ago and this past week a couple of good days. The usual headache (only 1, which is good) and minimul symptoms (mostly) and so it looks like I am stabilising AT LAST! I will wait another week, just to be sure and so I can catch up on things while my head is clearer and prepare to drop again at 2.5% this time.
    1995-2001 20mg; 2008-2010 alt doses/skipping doses/switching med/CT
    2011-10mg: 10% taper to 7mg - crashed after 4mos
    June 2011 - 8mg July 2011 - 9mg July-Oct 8mg/9mg
    Oct 2011 - 8.6 Nov-Dec 2011 - 8.1
    Dec 14 - 7.7 Jan 11 - 7.3 May 2012 - 7.
    Jun 6.6 Aug 6.4 Oct 6.2
    Dec 6. Jan 5.7 Jun 5.5

Thank goodness for the stabilization, gD. Sending patience genes!

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

I had another couple of good days - really good, with no head issues. I went for a walk to test it out and no problems with throbbing, etc. I was quite excited! The following day I had head pressure and vibrations, but mild to moderate and then yesterday woke with a headache. I went for a walk which was a bit of an incline, and immediately the head pressure went worse and throbbing. It was only 10mins as I came back home and then felt very weird, awful and strange. I wondered if my blood pressure was up, but it was actually low (102/69) but my pulse was 102.

I remembered that this had happened before, but not happened for a long time. I honestly don't understand why that would happen after 6months not tapering! It doesn't seem right does it? It was quite frihtening and I lost the excitement I felt the few days earlier and instead was scared and worried. I wanted to begin tapering that day, which is what I seem to think when things get worse, but I had already measured tablets out and with just 2 days to go, I decided to leave it.

Hi GrandmaD, I was just reading your update. It is good that you are noticing some relief at times...we certainly need relief as this is tiring.
    As far as the headaches, and I realize we are all very different..but I was having a lot of problem initially with headaches in the morning. I know my BP was up and the doctor thought that was the reason..but I don't think so. I went to a chiropractor and he adjusted my neck and wow, that helped. I had to go every week for the first bit as it wouldn't hold..would come out as I would sleep. There was a different feel to the headache and I would feel a tenderness and fullness inside between my neck and my ear. Could some of it be structural is my question?
    I am sorry your having frightening symptoms. I am thinking about you and hope you are feeling better today.

gD – Joy is telling you the same thing I have…..you might really get some relief from chiropractic adjustment.

-- Holger Kalweit

Are you both thinking as I was wondering that it should be unusual after 6 mos to still be having headaches and pressure heads, etc?

I will put this here also:
    THIS WEEK IS THE SECOND YEAR OF TAPERING
    Crashed at 7mg
    Updosed to 9mg
    End of 1 year - down to 6.6mg
    End of 2nd year - down to 5.7mg

In my case, I have been thinking chirop might help your headaches for a long time. It's not about it being the 6 month point.

-- Holger Kalweit

I've just discovered that migraines /headaches and insomnia can be related to low thryoid function. Something else to consider ...
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

What about low blood pressure?
    I am using a different pillow and trying to stick with it for an experiment.
    1995-2001 20mg; 2008-2010 alt doses/skipping doses/switching med/CT
    2011-10mg: 10% taper to 7mg - crashed after 4mos
    June 2011 - 8mg July 2011 - 9mg July-Oct 8mg/9mg
    Oct 2011 - 8.6 Nov-Dec 2011 - 8.1
    Dec 14 - 7.7 Jan 11 - 7.3 May 2012 - 7.
    Jun 6.6 Aug 6.4 Oct 6.2
    Dec 6. Jan 5.7 Jun 5.5