Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Go slower?

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    I think it'd be worth exploring the slightly faster route (Stan is right). If the symptoms intensify, you will simply slow down. Congrats on lowering it down to 6.6!
    I think at this point I will stay at 5%. I will see if I can taper less than the 10-12week period this time. My biggest problem has been with pressure heads and breathlessness and not willing to taper until I see improvement in those 2 areas.

i had breathlessness as you and after meds free many months(it go slowly a little little bit better each month) and one time i discover it was gone away; but it was scary
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

gD -- I just posted another thought about why to go slow on your journal.....
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Has anyone GONE SLOWER and found it was MUCH BETTER?????

You know, I cannot think of anyone who went much slower voluntarily. The only people I can think of who went much slower had no choice. They absolutely could not succeed if they went any faster.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

I take it back. I think of people like Songbird, who didn't have any choice -- she really had to go slow or not be able to do it at all. But, I have a vague impression of other people who chose to go slow so that they could maintain jobs and care for young children. However, my vague impression is that these people were not having as hard a time getting off as you and I have had, gD. So, for some people, even going very slow may not make it possible for them to function, but yet it gets them off the crap, which is, of course, a crucial goal.

-- Holger Kalweit

Globally, i notice that people long termer (more than 10 years taken), even with slow taper, are suffering very strong (with years the change made by the poison seems more important),
    to have a quality of life with slow taper seems to work for those who took 2 or 4 years, the other is another history,
    i have very much suffered, i am better only recent months
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    Globally, i notice that people long termer (more than 10 years taken), even with slow taper, are suffering very strong (with years the change made by the poison seems more important),
    to have a quality of life with slow taper seems to work for those who took 2 or 4 years, the other is another history,
    i have very much suffered, i am better only recent months
    Well Stan, thank you SO MUCH for answering a question I put up elsewhere long time ago and got no answer from! My question was:
    Is it harder to get off the longer you are on?
    Is it harder for us oldies to get off due to age?

After 3 years off
    you are now only just feeling better????

Actually, I have been talking with Songbird, and you are right, she is forced to go slower, much slower.

I am very lucky to be in a situation where I don't have to work and have a great husband who shops, pays bills and helps with housework when needed. I just wonder if I need to put myself through the pressure when a lower dose might make symptoms more tolerable. My hope is that I can taper quicker because I don't want to go lower % only to take 12 years to get off!

So I am leaning towards experimenting next drop. It is also interesing today head pressure is mild, which is abnormal for week. I will see how I go this week, too, because I still keep hoping I am one of those that gets better with each drop - or do you think I am kidding myself and read to much of other stuff????

Quote Originally Posted by grandmaD View Post
    Well Stan, thank you SO MUCH for answering a question I put up elsewhere long time ago and got no answer from! My question was:
    Is it harder to get off the longer you are on?
    Is it harder for us oldies to get off due to age?

After 3 years off
    you are now only just feeling better????
    generally:
    the longer you are on, harder it is to get off
    more we are old, more it is harder to get off

and there is also a genetic individual thing, for some it is harder, for other less,

i think it depends also what nerves(receptors/emettors) have been destroyed, it is random, so some have memory more destroyed, other walking ability, other vertigo,
    we find these IDEAS in work of David HEALY

Yes, i only recently have moments where i am really better, and nothing is won
    i had and have no choice, only one path to walk