Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Go slower?

That proof is worth a lot.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by grandmaD View Post
    Ohhhhhhhhhhh, now WE ALL UNDERSTAND! Just join the zombie alien club with the rest of us!
    LOL!! This is 'normal' for me. I have always been crazy
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

Good on ya, Jr. More interesting that way.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    LOL!! This is 'normal' for me. I have always been crazy
    Me too! Why be normal when you can be yourself?

Last week when I was really bad and feeling down as well, I though I might have to go back to the 2.5% taper this week. I decided to see the taper out, with just 1 more week to go and surprise, surprise, I just had a couple of days where my head started to improve and today I did some sewing for an hour again!

I also realised another dilemma when I thought about what to do last week - and that was that the 5% taper was over 12 weeks! I had not put two and two together that I was doing 2.5% over 6 weeks. So I had pretty much made up my mind I might as well go back to the 2.5% taper over weeks because I did improve in some areas. But then I seemed to be worse in other symtpoms!

ANd so went on the crazy talk back and forth as to what to do!
    So, now today with the pressure head more on the mild side, I am feeling more like staying at the 5%, but hoping I can taper sooner than the 10-12weeks. I still really don't know! I will just see this week out and most likely the following week just to see how I go.

Things are changing, too, because with the previous 5% taper, I just got worse and worse and more severe and more severe symptoms until week 10 and then it would ease off over the next 2 weeks.

This first attempt back at 5% I had a fairly good week in week 4 and then a realy bad week 5 and now in week 6 it is looking to be fairly good....???
    Who knows, I will just take it a week at a time, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by grandmaD View Post
    I just had a couple of days where my head started to improve and today I did some sewing for an hour again!
    That's some great news!
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

OK, try this gD -- You're doing a really great analysis of the situation. Also try letting that go and ask for guidance or consult your intuition. Just see what happens. I try to combine both analysis and intuition / guidance. Sometimes, I can't get one or the other. It varies.

-- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    That proof is worth a lot.
    THAT'S FOR SURE! AND ANOTHER ONE - I bent down last week to clean the toilet on my knees - OUCH! /to discover that my knees were hurting again. I went for months and months and had to use a kneeler for years - then I was not using it during the 2.5% taper - now it is back again on the 5% taper, so IT HAS TO BE W/D.

Sheila, I know this is good advice. I can see since going back to the 5% what I am facing. I am pleased to see that so far, some of the clarity of mind I had gained is still there unless I have a headache or mod-hi head pressure. I was able to actually "see" my fear and panic on those bad days and when the bad days turn into weeks it gains momentum and I begin to want to go back thru notes and compare this with that and where am I at, etc, etc. I did resist the urge to do that, telling myself that I had to WAIT till the end of the 6 weeks. The thoughts kept coming back and forth - "arguing icon" and I had to fight it all the time! I need to ditch the fear! I was geared up and prepared for the the worst, and so far, while each week has been worse, I have coped fairly well, apart from week 5, that is.

/the head pressure is not as bad today, I am thinking better; it feels heavy and groggy, like a hang-over (not that I would know what that feels like - but what I suspect it feels like!) It is not painful, and that is GOOD.

not sure, but maybe another new symptom. /a lump on my forehead that was itchy, more like a ridge than a lump. Been there for 4 or 5 days now and am trying not to irritate it by scratching it. Not sure if it is the same as the other lumps I got over the years and can't remember if they were itchy to start with. I did have another one similar appear and I used stop itch and it was gone in a week. It may have been a spider in my hat that bit me. /will see in another few days if it goes away.