Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21

Thread: Go slower?

First week of 2.5% taper has been quite good. I had a 3 day headache, but not had to go to bed, more on the mild side and one day just a pain in the side of head.

I am happy to say the other days symptoms were mild or un-noticeable. Better week than previous couple, so perhaps I was in credit with the 6mos rest. Aslo, I do recall that the first week of a taper is usually quite good. It doesn't hit until the following weeks.

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

12MONTH UPDATE 2 YEAR UPDATE

Gone
    “scalp crawlies” are gone – I thought I had head lice crawling through my head; body jolts and jaw jolt/sudden clenching gone; burning sensations; shaking. Still gone.
    Jolts have gone (body and jaw) Still gone, but the jaw one happens rarely sometimes.
    Dry eyes and dry mouth Still gone
    Muscle spasms in back were less intense. Gone!
    This was a big issue for me. When I began to get these I got very frightened, as this was the reason I was put on paxil in the first place. When they returned severely when I tried to w/d it made me want to updose. Again, with the slow taper, they came again and I was very scared that I must stay on full dose, yet, now after 17 years wondered why I should still have back problems/spasms/pain after all this time – that surely it would have healed after 17 years! I could only hope hat the spasms were due to w/d and now I can say they were, as they subsided gradually in the first 12 months and in the 2nd year have gone!

Great news, Isaiah's mom!

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

12month update 2 year update

12MONTH UPDATE 2 YEAR UPDATE

Things that have not changed
    Head vibrations- all day every day. At times went to extreme, very frightening like I might pass out/collapse. Same. These now occur at different times thru the day and vary in intensity from mild to high usually and rarely to extreme. They last minutes, hours and usually all day most days. They increase with exertion.
    Tinitus – The ringing went up 3 levels then began to subside to level 1. The ringing went back up 3 levels higher again when I went back up to a 5% taper.
    Teeth grinding Same
    Muscle tension comes and goes with each drop Same
    “prickles” over body mostly gone, except returns from time to time on my back when doing my back stretching exercise. Same.
    I walk 20- 30mins daily if possible. When I started out, I couldn’t walk to the front gate without pain. Then I started at 5-10mins a day and built it up to 20-30min.
    I can walk twice a day on good days Same
    Insomnia – while it still takes up to 2 hours and occasionally 3 to get to sleep, I sleep for 2 hours the first time and then 6 the next time, whereas before, I was waking every 2 hours and not being able to get back to sleep. Same
    Exhaustion is better, I just get tired now Same
    Tingling in legs, leg pain, legs aching, ankle/feet burning Same
    Hot flushes Same
    R shoulder feeling like it is jumping out of the socket when I lie on it. Same
    I still find that the 2 good friends I have kept in touch with is plenty and 1 hour at a time is plenty! I think half an hour was enough, a year ago. On good days I can do 2 hours, but that is pushing it. Can cope with 2 hours fairly well now.
    I still have no desire to do quilting, patchwork, folk art, etc. Same but desire to do gardening. Found 15mins a day is okay at the end of the 6mos taper.
    Muscle cramps in butt and legs with burning ankles/feet is a big problem. This got worse in the summer with the heat but could also been because of the 5% taper. At the end of the 6mos they began to be more tolerable but still irritating.
    Tired and slow Same (Exhaustion and lethargy have improved)

Okay, I am still doing good! I cannot believe it! Each day I wake without a headache or head pressure I am just AMAZED! The time is going quickly, which I think means because i'mg doing well. Had a busy week this week with 2 lots of visitors that I don't normally see and I coped very well! While I didn't like sitting on the same dose for 6 mos I am glad I did now as it seems to be paying off. Also, the 2.5% drop is much more tolerable.

We did a quick trip to the big smoke yesterday and it was nice to do it with clear head. I do have other symptoms mostly mild.

Body vibrations were up high yesterday and the days I had visitors, plus stress (maybe what others call anxiety?) but overall coping real good.

Okay, I am still doing good! I cannot believe it! Each day I wake without a headache or head pressure I am just AMAZED! The time is going quickly, which I think means because i'mg doing well. Had a busy week this week with 2 lots of visitors that I don't normally see and I coped very well! While I didn't like sitting on the same dose for 6 mos I am glad I did now as it seems to be paying off. Also, the 2.5% drop is much more tolerable.

We did a quick trip to the big smoke yesterday and it was nice to do it with clear head. I do have other symptoms mostly mild.

Body vibrations were up high yesterday and the days I had visitors, plus stress (maybe what others call anxiety?) but overall coping real good.
    1995-2001 20mg; 2008-2010 alt doses/skipping doses/switching med/CT
    2011-10mg: 10% taper to 7mg - crashed after 4mos
    June 2011 - 8mg July 2011 - 9mg July-Oct 8mg/9mg
    Oct 2011 - 8.6 Nov-Dec 2011 - 8.1
    Dec 14 - 7.7 Jan 11 - 7.3 May 2012 - 7.
    Jun 6.6 Aug 6.4 Oct 6.2
    Dec 6. Jan 5.7 Jun 5.5

NEXT SECTION OF 2 YEAR UPDATE

Improved in first 12 months/ Improved after 2 years

Backache, knee ache and hip pain are much improved. Heaps better
    Aches and pains generally have improved More improvement. Stronger. I am not walking like an 80year old, dragging my feet anymore.
    Sore left shoulder has finally gone Still good [/COLOR]
    Forgetfulness Much better but still happens
    Dizziness is rare Same. Usually with each drop briefly.
    Slow, weak and tired is getting less gradually Gradual improvement. More energy.
    Feeling in a “batcave” gradually improving and not as bad Much better
    Feeling irritable, annoyed and angry Much better
    Clumsiness, forgetfulness and inability to think and make decisions Much better

So relieving yet angering that the body pains that caused the docs to put you on ADs in the first place are getting better!

-- Holger Kalweit

2 year update

Things that got worse

Head banging (sensation) doubled
    Head pressure was much worse
    Vibrations got worse
    I put this down to going up to a 5% taper.