My recently dilemma was whether to go even slower. I crashed after 4 months doing a 5% taper over a year ago, but was informed that it was because of all the up/down dosing in previous 4 years when I was trying to get off (by myself). I took 3 months to "stabilise" but realised that was not long enough.

ANyway, I began tapering, usually taking 11-12 weeks. At least 10 weeks before I saw any imporvement. I got very concerned and agitated because I saw the normal was 4-6 weeks and many people doing it every 3 or weeks.

I was encouraged by another member after 11 weeks (when I was too scared to drop) to drop anyway. And I had a very good 4 weeks and tapered after 4 weeks! To this day, I still don't know if I had weighed the tablets wrong or something, it was so weird.

Anyway, the next taper was again 11 weeks and so I thought I should go slower (2.5%) but people advised against it. I decided to keep to the 5% for the next 2 drops and see how I do.

I have read that as time goes by the drops get better, and I couldn't see that happening in the first 12 months, but perhaps I was still stabilising as well as tapering due to the messing around the previous 4 years. So I am hoping this next 12 months might be better.

What do others think?

By the way, I thought I was going to taper off the WHOLE TABLET IN THAT FIRST 12 months and that also led to my discouragement and despondency! I now realise it is going to take another 5 or 6 years at this rate. NOT happy about that, but have no choice as I am determined to get off it and learnt the hard way that there is no other way.