Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: weighing tablets

Does anyone use a pill cutter? How many pieces do they cut the pill into? Are they all equal?

I love my gemini 20 scale. I use scored tablets and now that I have the scale, I found that breaking the scored tablets doesn't give equal weights to each half. I feel that with the scale my tapers can be more accurate and consistent.

gD -- with someone as sensitive as you, I would recommend a more precise method than cutting, as annie says. I cut Paxil tablets until about 8 mg, then went to liquid.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Ok, sorry, better make things more clearer. I was thinking that if it is possible to cut the tablet into 4 and then I would shave them and weight them. Each tablet is 20mg and so 1/4 is 5mg. I am at 6.3mg now and thinking about doing this when I get down to 5mg.

Oic!

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    gD --
    I cut Paxil tablets until about 8 mg, then went to liquid.
    Did you notice you got worse switching to liquid? I was a lot worse on capsules until I went back on tablets.

You know, it was before I knew anything, before I discovered there were online support forums. The taper was grueling, so I didn't notice much. Also, I'm not sure how I would have differentiated between the switch to liquid making things worse and getting to the lower doses making things worse.

But, I have definitely heard many people say they can tell the difference when they switch from time-release to non-time-release, or one generic brand to another generic brand, etc. So, I do think it's best to switch as little as possible.

-- Holger Kalweit

I, like others, am shy to express opinions that are so mocked by the medical establishment. But my views are based on hard experience about which I have no doubt.

I think that with different manufacturers, there are differences in formulation of the same drug (generics differ in suspension, delivery, fillers, etc.). The same follows for liquids vs. tablets--delivery is not quite the same. The differences may be inconsequential for some, but for those of us who are so sensitive to the W/D effects, there is a difference. There I said it! http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2012/...n-vindication/

Definitely, annie.

-- Holger Kalweit