Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: weighing tablets

weighing tablets

As many of you probably know, it is difficult to weigh the tablets the same, so mine always vary. Someone told me that .2 either way is ok, so that a .4 difference doesn't matter.

I have been re-reading my old journal from pp and saw a post by a member saying she weighs her tablets each one exactly the same! I must admit I did not see/remember her post (from 12 months ago - and I was not with it).

What do you advise people in this regard?

gD -- Is that 0.2 mg and 0.4 mg of Aropax you're referring to? If so, that's actually a significant amount.

I had to get liquid Paxil below 8 mg, and I went down by 0.2 ml = 0.4 mg every 2 - 3 weeks, and that was hard.

If I had it to do again, I would go even slower.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by grandmaD View Post
    As many of you probably know, it is difficult to weigh the tablets the same, so mine always vary. Someone told me that .2 either way is ok, so that a .4 difference doesn't matter.

I have been re-reading my old journal from pp and saw a post by a member saying she weighs her tablets each one exactly the same! I must admit I did not see/remember her post (from 12 months ago - and I was not with it).

What do you advise people in this regard?
    Hi Grandma,
    I know the person you are thinking of - she calculated the average weight of a pill and used that as the base for all her decrement calculations, rather than weighing each individual pill. I weigh each and every pill I shave.

I am at 6.7 and still shaving, don't know how much longer I'll be able to do it before it turns to unmanageable dust! I'm shaving from a 10mg pill and they are significantly smaller than the 20mg ones.

Don't know what to advise as I am in the same boat, but I hope you mean variations are about 0.002 rather than .2???

Lotty
    xxx
    Started Seroxat/Paxil 1995. Currently at 5.5mg Seroxat/Paxil & 1mg xanax (0.5mg twice a day)

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    gD -- Is that 0.2 mg and 0.4 mg of Aropax you're referring to? If so, that's actually a significant amount.

I had to get liquid Paxil below 8 mg, and I went down by 0.2 ml = 0.4 mg every 2 - 3 weeks, and that was hard.

If I had it to do again, I would go even slower.
    Yes, Aropax. It works out I go down .54 each time. This is a 5% drop

Lotty, I have just discovered on pp that people d this differently to me! I don't have a clue what they are on about weighing the whole ;bottle of pills and taking an average, etc!

We worked out our own formula.

I told Dr. when I get to 5mg I will get those 10mg tablets, but now you tell me they are much smaller! I thought they would be the same size and therefore shaving be much easier. Is it still better, because I am having trouble even now, shaving the 20mg one (which I break in half).

Quote Originally Posted by Lotty View Post
    Hi Grandma,
    I hope you mean variations are about 0.002 rather than .2???

Lotty
    xxx
    Probably! I was saying the tablet weighed 36mg but apparently it is .360. Then .002 shouldn't be a problem, you would think?????

gD -- I think you don't have liquid Aropax Down Under? At least in the past. Have you considered getting it compounded in a liquid for you? That's what I would do. I remember Songbird did this. Maybe liquid Aropax is now available? You're pretty sensitive to this stuff -- as I am -- so precision of tapering becomes more important.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

I got some compounded stuff around the 8.1 and 7.7 drops and that's when I started getting pressure heads and blamed the compound. No trust anyone now, either and saw some capsules had more in them than others, so suspicious that they are not exact! I swapped back over to tablet form. OH, and the other reason was they were VERY EXPENSIVE, like $90 for 30 days. My script is for 20mg tbalets for 30 days and I cut them in half and then file them so they last 2 months and cost $30 a script, or $15 for the 2 months. I don't want to give them any more money than I have to, either!

I think it is going to be a problem in the future, because it is difficult to shave the half tablet as it is now. I will see if I can find liquid in Australia and if so, that will have to be an option for smaller drops.

at 6 mg:
    liquid or tablets, when, after taken many years, even you are tapering very slow, suffering appears brutally at morning, do not search logical reasons, they do not exist, it is illusion; it is normal that approaching the last quarter, the body reacts strong, he has been poisoned since years, many chemical changes in bowels, bones, muscles, joints etc
    you have to continue slowly until you will be meds free
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

@Stan, I received my .000g digital balance and to my surprise the mg of Effexor does not correspond at all on the balance. I think they added some type of filling in the capsules, 37.5mg gives me around 100mg (just the granules, no shell..). Balance is calibrated etc....I will double check it again..... I'm sure they do this on purpuse those damn pharmaceuticals