Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 LastLast

Thread: my history

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    gD – I think you and me – the symptom we have is that our muscles tighten up fast. So, it helps that we stretch various times a day. But, when you’re asleep and not moving, it gets bad fast.

Also, as you wrote on Joy’s journal – any change from our physical movement routine causes problems. Our muscles just don’t learn and recover very quickly. It’s so very, very frustrating.

The headaches are partly muscle tightening in the neck and head and back.

I notice I cannot hold a phone in a muscularly relaxed manner. I will be on the phone and realize I am pressing it hard into my face. So, I release, but then I notice a few minutes later it has happened again. Didn’t used to have this problem. It’s a neuro thing.
    You are so right! I never thought about it, but yes, for sure the muscles keep tensing up and so it makes good sense to stretch several times a day. I now undersand why I get up so much in the night - because I realised I could get bac to sleep quicker afterwards, but now I understand it is because I have stretched my legs when I get up! Thanks Sheila, great insight! And yes, also true, cannot hold one position for too long.

I am happy to post I have had a good couple of days! I have tried to get into the garden and BEING SENSIBLE I did only 15 mins again in the morning. That was oky so I now know I can do that. Then I did another 15mins in the afternoon, and by that night was crook (but not as bad as last week) and then a h/a next day. I gave myself a day to recov er and then did another 15mins yesterday morning and again in the afternoon with hubbys help - that meant that we transplanted one shrub - so it was mostly him digging it up, in the barrow, and re-planting - I was just the overseer!

I can see that my muscles are now used to the exerc ises I do, so I have started the back exercise (just one repeat for 10secs).

Has anyone experienced their muscle strength return after tapering/CT????

Copy of what I posted on the Omega-3 thread --

Now – about your bottle of fish oil, gD. You are confusing ml (milliliters) with mg (milligrams). I had the same trouble over and over when I was tapering my last bit of Paxil by liquid.

The ml is the amount of liquid you’re taking. It is an irrelevant number content-wise. It just allows you to measure the amount, but it says nothing about what is *in* the amount of liquid.

The mg of EPA + DHA is what’s important to count.

1 ml of your liquid = 271 mg of EPA + DHA

10 ml of your liquid = 2,710 mg of EPA + DHA

So, when you take 1 ml of your liquid, it *contains* 271 mg of EPA + DHA.

When you take 10 ml of your liquid, it contains 2,710 mg of EPA + DHA.

You are currently taking 2,710 mg EPA + DHA.

If you double your daily intake to 20 ml, you will be taking a total of 5,420 mg of EPA + DHA.

1 teaspoon = about 5 ml.

I would *not* double my dose if I were you. I would go up by 1 teaspoon = 5 ml = 1355 mg. In fact, that’s a bigger updose than I really like. My ideal would be for you to go up by only about 500 mg (2 ml) if there were a way to do that. But, if not, give this a try, and then don’t go up for awhile.

It would be best for you to divide your dose into at least two and preferably three times in a day.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Crankiness is definitely allowed here. This is, without question, an extreme experience we’re going through.

Ha ha! You’re a “management executive”!

You are being very sensible.

Mike seems to have become able to do a lot of exercise and build muscle.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Okay, I get i now! Thanks. Things are more confusing when the brain doesn't work properly, but mind you it is the best the last few days than it has been in 6 months! I had a very good day yesterday going to the big smoke to see hubby's family and then mine. I was so good I even played with the grandkids, which made me feel quite normal. Yet that day recently back in my batcave seemed like I had been there forever and would stay there forever... but I am quite sure now I am stabilising AT LAST!

I had a shocker of a night last night, over 2 hrs to get to sleep and then slept for 3 hrs and was awake for 3 so I got up and watched tele after doing some exercises and went back to sleep for half an hour and went back to bed and was able to get another a couple of hours, so today i have been very tired. The symptoms had been minimul for a couple of days but vibrations back to hi today and I wonder if it was just te stimulation of visiting yesterday causing all that.

It’s really interesting that you are using exercise to get back to sleep, and we were just talking about this with Iggy, too. This seems like a fresh innovation. I wish I had thought of it long ago when I was having the restless legs at night. One’s instinct is to try try to calm down, but, on the contrary, burning off some energy might be very effective in some cases. We have to remember this new trick.

-- Holger Kalweit

Yes, I guess you have to dertermine when it is best to lie there and do relaxation and breathing exercises, stay calm and try to go back to sleep or whether yhou need to get up and exercise! I think from now on, I will try the first one first and if after 1 hour not gone back to sleep will get up and exercise.

oh boy, it is unbelievable, just when yo think you are so good! I thought my head was probably better than it is has been in years the other day. I could think clerarly and with no pressure, vibrations, head noise, etc I couldn't believe how good it felt - I guess it was a window. It wasn't as good as I thought though, because I turned on the griller to toast crmpets and at the same time the jugboiled. So I made the tea, forgot about crumptts and went into another room and drank my cuppa. After that I could smell smoke - and had forgotten to turn off the griller door and leave the door open!

I was so vry glad that there was no fat in the griller (which there usually is after grilling chops!) or we would have had a serious fire! I was just glad it wasn't worse, but have to still try and be more careful and not think I'm better than I am!

This could happen to anybody at any time. And it’s still a good sign that you were feeling more relaxed.

-- Holger Kalweit

2 years this week since i began tapering

Crashed at 7mg
    Updosed to 9mg
    End first year - tapered to 6.6mg
    End second year - tapered to 5.7mg
    1995-2001 20mg; 2008-2010 alt doses/skipping doses/switching med/CT
    2011-10mg: 10% taper to 7mg - crashed after 4mos
    June 2011 - 8mg July 2011 - 9mg July-Oct 8mg/9mg
    Oct 2011 - 8.6 Nov-Dec 2011 - 8.1
    Dec 14 - 7.7 Jan 11 - 7.3 May 2012 - 7.
    Jun 6.6 Aug 6.4 Oct 6.2