Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast

Thread: my history

We have been home a week now and it was a bit better with only the 2 regular headaches. Other days I had a funny sort of head, like a headache coming on, a pain, just weird, not right, hard to explain. I got another neck ache and figured it was the pillow.

Where is yo muscle tightness Shelia? I don't want to go to a chiro. However, the dayyou wrote that ppost, I considered phisio! It is too expensive so I got hubby to massage and used voltaren and after a couple of days it came good.

We did go and buy 2 new pillows - both hopeless - huge, way too big and won't even fit in the pillowcases! They won't take them back due to hygiene, so I didn't want to buy any more. Anyway, in the night I had this great idea to cut them open and take half the filling out, so now we have 4 new pillows! I still couldn't sleep and resorted to the old pillow. I like it, it is a bit too high and bit too firm, though. I got ALL the pillows out from around the hous and tried them all and they were too low, too soft, too high, too hard - I even had several my dad had given us - I suspect now he went through the same problem I'm having! Hubby reckons I am the princess who slept on 10 mattresses and could feel a pea under one of them! Funny, but true, I am so sensitive to different beds, etc.

I am now wondering if it is the fact of my nervous system being so sensitive, so I will try one more night with 3 of the pillows that are "so-so".

I did do my exercises in the van (just a few I couldn't do as I use a ball for them) but most of them and also did my stretching. I intend to go back to our last trip away and see how I was back then and if I had all those headaches.

I also did my brething exercises while away and contine to do them at least twice a day and more if necssary.

Ha ha! You sound like Goldilocks! Or the Princess and the Pea!

My muscle tightness moves around and is infinitely better than it was during the taper, when I would wake with my head tilted far back and it would take an hour to be able to touch my chin to my chest!

That's great you were so good about doing your exercises. I'm sorry that wasn't enough to protect you!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Speaking of your pillows. I have the same issue, seems my neck is never comfortable.

Wonder if it has anything to do with how stress is held in the base of the neck for women?

On a side note, you are doing great!!! Trips.... wow.

m&m – That’s interesting. What have you heard about women, stress, and necks? A lot of women in w/d have neck pain.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by m&m View Post
    Speaking of your pillows. I have the same issue, seems my neck is never comfortable.
    Wonder if it has anything to do with how stress is held in the base of the neck for women?
    On a side note, you are doing great!!! Trips.... wow.
    what are your neck issues and what helps? I am back to my old pillow. It;s not greatest but seems I just can't cope with a different one. /They are brand new, full of polyester fibre, but I wake up feeling like they are a brick, whether I try a high one, low one, medium one, soft one, etc. //////when I get around to it I want to buy a dunloppilo medium. I have 2 of dad's old ones but the soft one is too low and the high one is too high1! I hope the medium one will be ok, it is just they are so expensive but I did see one on the internet for half the ;price in the shop.

do not be excited about trips! It was a shocker of a trip and I am sorry I went, I was miserable perettty mucgh the whole time and felt like a burden to my poor hubby.

It just took me half an hour to log on etc, with this old computer of my daughters. //then I used the wrong email address trying to plug in 4 times...aaagghhhh, so maddening and finally ran hubby and found out i was using yahoo instead of ymail. Well,l yes my head is not good today with head pressure back and the head vibes hi at times along with head banging. The keys are in different places oso please excuse bad typing until I get used to it.

I have had a better week, despite today being crook. Overall the head pressure had gone down to mild and sometimes to moderate and so I coped much better. I managed housework and cleaning much better. just one headache this week. One of the good daiys I went and did half hour gardening and was amazed I was ok. After lunch and my n;ap I was still okay so did anogther half hour - that arvo the head went bonkers and I was in bed at 6pm and couldn't think, move or anything, just zombified as my head felt so crazy. It would appear that physical work does it for sure. I am so frustrated as it is now autumn with manyh jobs to be done before winter. /the days are cold and with heavy molrning fog but clearing to beautiful days, so that is annoying as it looks so inviting outside.,. I am very grateful though, as hubby did most of the work that day - like digging the holes, etc the hard work, I didn'ty do a lot - I didn;t think. I am cranky because I thought after 5 months I could get out there and enjoy a trip and come home even better to get into the garden.

Interesting discussion on pillows. I've been having this issue for years and thought it was just me. I have mild scoliosis at the top of the spine. Hate to think how much I've spent trying different pillows!! I've settled on a moulded one which has a higher bit at the back, a dip in the middle, and a lower hump at the front. I also sometimes elevate it slightly at the back by sticking some old PJ's under it.

Grandma so sorry that you are still having the head pressure / aches. You are definitely allowed to be cranky!!
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

gD – I think you and me – the symptom we have is that our muscles tighten up fast. So, it helps that we stretch various times a day. But, when you’re asleep and not moving, it gets bad fast.

Also, as you wrote on Joy’s journal – any change from our physical movement routine causes problems. Our muscles just don’t learn and recover very quickly. It’s so very, very frustrating.

The headaches are partly muscle tightening in the neck and head and back.

I notice I cannot hold a phone in a muscularly relaxed manner. I will be on the phone and realize I am pressing it hard into my face. So, I release, but then I notice a few minutes later it has happened again. Didn’t used to have this problem. It’s a neuro thing.

-- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    Interesting discussion on pillows. I've been having this issue for years and thought it was just me. I have mild scoliosis at the top of the spine. Hate to think how much I've spent trying different pillows!! I've settled on a moulded one which has a higher bit at the back, a dip in the middle, and a lower hump at the front. I also sometimes elevate it slightly at the back by sticking some old PJ's under it.

Grandma so sorry that you are still having the head pressure / aches. You are definitely allowed to be cranky!!
    So on goes the pillow saga. Now hubby decideshe doesn't like any of the 4 new pillows either! He wanted his old filthy, hard, low, scungy, smelly one back - but I had tossed it out! Oh dear.

Thanks for allowing crankyness here! I was very sorry I had posted that day, it was a terrible day, back in my batcave type day. I often feel bad for all my complaining and wingeing and that's why I don't post all the time. It is so lovely though, when you come back to find a reply to a post,and I am so grateful to you guys especially Sheila who is so faithful and deserves a medal for that. But YOU my dear deserve a medal also for the help and perseverance of one particular member on pp and you know who that is. I applaud you! If I could have a drink I would but the person on the right would be me if I did!