Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: my history

Sheila, yes it is still hard. You wrote before how we settle for what is normally "bad" and think it s good because it has been so much worse for us! So true.

I wonder if they head banging is damaging, I wonder what is happening, and why, etc.

Oh! I think you think I am banging my head myself???? No, the head banging is like someone has walked up behind me/beside me (usually the right side of head) and just whacked me on the head with a piece of 4x2! It is that sudden, hard and hurts.

This drop, however, I can feel it is the same thing, but not as intense and doesn't hurt.

Stan, and others, do you think they tingling is one of the last things to go, like the ear ringing? The vibrations I have noticed are getting less, but eh tingling is the same. I can feel it all the time but seems worse in bed because I am resting and quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by grandmaD View Post
    Have you done any travelling?
    Not a lot. But when WD is over, I hope to make up for it. I used to do lots of biking, but this was even before starting drugs - many years ago.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Stan, and others, do you think they tingling is one of the last things to go, like the ear ringing? The vibrations I have noticed are getting less, but eh tingling is the same. I can feel it all the time but seems worse in bed because I am resting and quiet.
    It all depends on a given person. In some it's physical stuff that gets better faster, in some emotional, etc. Though, above all, it's a matter of cyclicality; the symptoms change and morph into still new combinations, at the same time following the "wave and window" pattern. Yet, on average, the waves are losing their strength in the long term.

Re "electrical circuits" going hay-wire" discussion - oh yes, it's incredible - tingling, pinching, pain, itching - just to mention *some* of physical experiences of *some* of the entire rest. No wonder our CNS takes so much time to heal (sometimes it has to fix the same place many times, and not that rarely, instead of fixing, it makes some of it worse). Fortunately, all in all, it keeps improving.

I wonder if they head banging is damaging, I wonder what is happening, and why, etc.

Oh! I think you think I am banging my head myself???? No, the head banging is like someone has walked up behind me/beside me (usually the right side of head) and just whacked me on the head with a piece of 4x2! It is that sudden, hard and hurts.
    Ohhhhh! Thank goodness! Yes, I did think you were saying that you were banging your own head against the wall -- which, as I say, I have *felt* like doing at times!

Oh, OK. That's a relief. Well, I'm sorry you have that awful symptom of feeling that someone has come up behind your right side and whacked you. Holy cow.

I think we might possibly consider this a variant of "zap." No, I do not think it's damaging. It might be some kind of abrupt chemical / electrical shift. But, in my many years on pp, I never heard of anyone being harmed by these weird or painful head sensations. It's just "Men At Work."

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Well, I had a bit of a laugh when I realised what you were thinking. If it was self inflicted I COULD DO SOMETHING TO STOP IT!
    I love the little pic! I often wondered if it was a variant of the zaps. I haven't had zaps in my head as people describe them like an electrical sensation whereas this is like a blunt ended bashing.

I also get a "sore head" where it is sore to touch and it changes from one side of my head to the other. This must be a similar thing, but a lighter version of the bashing, I think.

all my sensations are false, distorted, i have to re-learn new sensations, and they don't want
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

I often feel like someone has hit me on the side of the head with a large piece of wood! good to know its not just me.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    I often feel like someone has hit me on the side of the head with a large piece of wood! good to know its not just me.
    Nice to meet you squirrel! How long have you been tapering?