Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast

Thread: my history

Well, you know what, I don't mind being told or advised .... but on the other hand I appreciate your attitude. I just posted on pp member about how I put doctors on a pedestal and did whatever they said, and that is what caused me to be on this poison for 17 years (well, is 18 years now, actually). My mucle spasms were much better after a year or so and i was up and about back to normal. I was told by 6 doctors to stay on it for LIFE! It is time that we - I learned (and taught our kids to) think for ourselves! That is a good idea, to read just 1 a day!

Good on ya! I’ll be interested to hear your thoughts on Omega-3.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Now my brain is not so dead, I will look at that thread and read some.

I want to keep a track of what i am eating, so will mention here that I waited 4 days after the last bad episode and that was a day I felt very good (actually had the incentive to visit someone - not had that feeling for a long, long time - just did out of duty).

But, silly me, I was doing the tomatoes to cook and raw ones so juicy and irresistible, I ate one without thinking. Then I decided to have bread for lunch, so that's okay, but that's all I should have had. In the evening I ate more bread without thinking and had grape juice without thinking!!!

I am now waiting another 4 or 5 days and if it is a good day, I will try just 1 thing again.
    Next day the head pressure was back to high, I was achey all over, lethargic, weak, slow and very tired.

Hey GrandmaD. How are the overheating issues going? Did you ever find anything that helped with that? Could it be hormonal?

OK, it’s good you’re trying to figure out your food triggers!

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

m&m - overheating: take off cardigan and shoes and sox helps. Doubt it is hormonal unless change of life lasts 20 years!

Drinking cold water with ice helps me. And sleeping with a fan at night.

I sleep with a fan on my feet (and thus on all of me) at night, too.

-- Holger Kalweit

At night I drink cold water as i often get hot in bed and yes, that helps also.

I have one ofhe books you recommended for my son! Thanks Sheila, it is just perfect, called "Black Dog". I probably told you he won't read, and it is in cartoon form, very easy, simple and a bit funny. I read it in 1 day, easily.

I found it very interesting in the book, what she had to say about the "chemical imbalance" that doctors tell you that you have (and have told him, of course). She seemed to be saying there is no proof as to how it works, whether the theory is true, or whether, in fact, the imbalance is a result of the way the person thinks! That remided me that I have actually heard this before, in another context, that the thoughts a person has and the things the person says can cause changes in the brain's chemistry.

I liked the fact that she points out depression can also be a result of a poor diet (he needs to hear that) and that it can be brought on by both legal and illegal drugs.

Anyway, a very good book for people who won't read!

I can't figure out the search thing. I typed in inflammation and then some boxes came up so I typed it in there and clicked on search and then search now and i said my "answer was incorrect...etc"