Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast

Thread: my history

Thanks for finding that, Luc. I am seriously on the look out for something that would work, but that just doesn’t look that it would be an improvement over having two fans pointed directly at me, and a wet kerchief around my neck, and wetting my hair, which is what I already have available.

But, if anybody comes across a personal *refrigerating* device, please let me know!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Interesting find LUc! Is it for keeping ski-ers cool as I see the person is wearing a jacket! Thanks for the info for emails!

Sheila I forgot about the wet hand-towel around the neck trick! I did that too and I use a spray bottle of water I keep cool in the fridge to spray face and head. Fans are a help also. I recall when I had my babies for hot days we were told to hang a wet sheet across the room with a fan blowing across it. I just remembered that so have not tried it. I can remember on those stinking hot days wanting to climb into the fridge!

You're reminding me of a vague childhood memory in a heatwave in Queens, New York. My parents hung wet sheets in the windows. I thought it was very exotic! Maybe I can drape a sheet here somewhere on the bad days. Maybe we'll have a cool summer!

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    How much EPA / DHA is there in your teaspoon of Omega-3?
    EPA = 163mg
    DHA = 108mg

And you take one teaspoon a day?!

Well, old chum, you are spitting in the wind! That is a teensie, weensie, not detectable, not gonna help amount!

It's fish oil homeopathy. :)

-- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    It's fish oil homeopathy. :)
    :):)
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Wow, I thought I was doing so good. I buy it in a bottle so I could take 1 teasponn because the amount in those capsules is even more minute! How much do you recommend?

I really don't know. I'm going through a major shift in my thinking. I'm beginning to think we would benefit from very high doses of Omega-3, and that it is very safe. But, I'm the only person in w/d I know who is taking 9,000 mg / day Omega-3 (18,000 mg fish oil). Please read the Omega-3 thread, and then tell me what you think.

-- Holger Kalweit

I checked out the thread, but too much info to read at this point. I looked again at my bottle which says you take 5mils for heart probs and 10mls for arthritis. I usually drink a small mouthful, so have now been having a big mouthful.

When yo say 9,000mg a day, what would that mean in terms of spoonfuls - or is it cupfuls? How long long have you been on this dose?

In what way has it helped you?

The thing is I don’t want to get into telling you what to do or your basing your decisions on only my experience. I do think it would be best for you to study the matter. You’re a good researcher. It’s a big part of your personality. If you’re interested, then just slowly read the Omega-3 thread. There’s no rush. Read one post a day. Then, you can make up your own mind.

-- Holger Kalweit