Page 45 of 56 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast

Thread: my history

Just want to clarify, gD -- that article you like that gives a good overview of ADs -- I did not write that. The author is at the top.

Like Luc, I really think you are doing the right thing sending the info to everyone. It will slowly combine with other anecdotes that come their way, and, some day, the penny will drop.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Msg

A side issue - but interesting:
    My daughter for donkey's years has had chest pains. No doctor can figure out.
    She was put on a/d's and I warned her and she told me she is off them.
    I had been thinking it was the a/d's.
    Finally I suggested it was the additives in food as she eats a lot of take away.
    I seem to have intolerance to additives, preservatives,etc and thought she might too.
    Then the last incident she ha eaten chinese and I said it might be MSG
    Yesterday, she had a chicken burger and got the pains again and when she googled it, discovered the symptoms are from MSG (she had stomach ache, and was very drowsy, etc as well).
    So there you go - BEWARE MSG - especially asthmatics (which she is)
    1995-2001 20mg; 2008-2010 alt doses/skipping doses/switching med/CT
    2011-10mg: 10% taper to 7mg - crashed after 4mos
    June 2011 - 8mg July 2011 - 9mg July-Oct 8mg/9mg
    Oct 2011 - 8.6 Nov-Dec 2011 - 8.1
    Dec 14 - 7.7 Jan 11 - 7.3 May 2012 - 7.
    Jun 6.6 Aug 6.4 Oct 6.2
    Dec 6. Jan 5.7 Jun 5.5

I think you are right - perhaps in small doses, over time, I am sure they will eventually get the message. Especially if they or someone they know is involved with a/d's as well.

Here i am in week 11 now - and NOT A HAPPY VEGEMITE as not seeing any improvement with head issues. I was hoping to taper in week 12 like I did in previous 5% taper. I am SO SORRY I did this, it has been a l-o-n-g, long 11 weeks. I really need to see some DRAMATIC IMPROVEMENT in the next few days.
    Cranky grandma
    1995-2001 20mg; 2008-2010 alt doses/skipping doses/switching med/CT
    2011-10mg: 10% taper to 7mg - crashed after 4mos
    June 2011 - 8mg July 2011 - 9mg July-Oct 8mg/9mg
    Oct 2011 - 8.6 Nov-Dec 2011 - 8.1
    Dec 14 - 7.7 Jan 11 - 7.3 May 2012 - 7.
    Jun 6.6 Aug 6.4 Oct 6.2
    Dec 6. Jan 5.7 Jun 5.5

Hello, GrandmaD, I moved your post (442) to this thread here from Start-ups. Start-ups are more for the projects you are undertaking. :)

Yes, MSG is processed food and can be really bad for you. I did some googling - here are the most common adverse reactions it can cause among others; skin rashes, itching, hives, nausea, vomiting, migraine headaches, asthma, heart irregularities, depression and even seizures. Your info will help many people.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Hey, good job figuring out that it was the MSG affecting your daughter! You are developing as a medical detective!

I’m so sorry you’re not a happy vegemite. That is the cutest expression. Look, it was a reasonable experiment. Your impatience with the 2.5% taper is so, so, so understandable.

Now, going back to the 2.5, you will feel more confident that it is the right thing to do, and that will help you tolerate it. And, remember, you really *are* healing with every drop. That’s allowing your brain to change. You do not have to wait to be off totally before you start healing.

And I think that tapering at a rate that avoids as much symptoms as possible may shorten w/d in the long run. That’s my theory.

What do you think about Omega-3?

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Week 12 @ 5.7

Oh, boy, I am so, so sorry I went back to 5%. BIG MISTAKE. Last week I had one good HALF DAY. The head issues are still high to extreme and I am very miserable. The burning/aching legs has come down from high to moderate and so still present a big problem. I am beginning to worry I will not stabilise ..

We decided to come away to the coast for 2 days for a break and I actually got even worse, with head pressure high and head vibes at the same time to extreme. I have spent today lying down and was surprised that I dozed on an off for short times.

Sleeping at night is bad too,waking every hour or 2 and difficulty getting to sleep and back to sleep. I went for a walk along the beach yesterday, and it made the head and body vibes worse, so no walk today. Just rested.

Head pressure and vibes are back to mod - to high and I thought I'd better get on and post where I am at.

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    Hello, GrandmaD, I moved your post (442) to this thread here from Start-ups. Start-ups are more for the projects you are undertaking. :)

Yes, MSG is processed food and can be really bad for you. I did some googling - here are the most common adverse reactions it can cause among others; skin rashes, itching, hives, nausea, vomiting, migraine headaches, asthma, heart irregularities, depression and even seizures. Your info will help many people.
    WOw, she has been complaining of her skin being itchy for a long time too! Why do they have to put all this rubbish in our food! They want to poison us one way or anothr.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Hey, good job figuring out that it was the MSG affecting your daughter! You are developing as a medical detective!
    oh yea, I have avoided all additives for a long time but not been able to convince my kids.
    I’m so sorry you’re not a happy vegemite. That is the cutest expression. Look, it was a reasonable experiment. Your impatience with the 2.5% taper is so, so, so understandable.
    Yes, I guess it was an experiment worth tryingbut boy oh boyh, am I sos sorry now! It just beats all comprehension that this tiny amount can do so much damage and cause so much suffering ... I guess I still just don't get it, how toxic this stuff is
    Now, going back to the 2.5, you will feel more confident that it is the right thing to do, and that will help you tolerate it. And, remember, you really *are* healing with every drop. That’s allowing your brain to change. You do not have to wait to be off totally before you start healing.
    I am veryimpatient to get back to 2.5%!!! I am just so surprised it is taking 12 weeks but I shouldn't be as that is how long it used to take before, but I used to drop on the 12th week but not this time. I am so angry about the wholedeal too, this is just so hard. It is very hard to believ i am healing while my head has strong/hard vibrations that are still high to extreme wit head bpressure at the same time. Surely I have to come good soon, but at times I despair that it will happen
    And I think that tapering at a rate that avoids as much symptoms as possible may shorten w/d in the long run. That’s my theory.
    My probelem is that I didn't realise how much better I was (I think!) when I did the 2.5% It is all stupid and so crazy.
    What do you think about Omega-3?
    Do you mean fish oil? I take that each day, but didn't bring it with me the last 2 days while away. Surely... not having that has contributed to the extreme vibrations?????? I have been trying to think what I have eaten, if it's that, is also 1 year since dad died (2 days ago), maybe that, maybe it's being down here at sea level affects my head, etc, etc. But it is probably just withdrawal. The thing that has got me worried is that usually byt weeks 10 and 11 I used to see some improvement but that has not happened and in fact, I have got worse this week. I just don't understand.

Aw, I’m so sorry, gD. It sounds brutal right now. But you will stabilize, and then you will switch back to your 2.5% rate. This is unbelievably hard, but you *are* doing it, you have already come a long way, and you’re going to make it.

I actually just told someone about your 2.5% / 12 weeks schedule as a example of someone being very smart and brave. I think it’s so impressive that you are doing this hard work to free yourself from a legal poison. I’m very proud of you.

I’m having a hard few days – stressors, Daylight Savings Time, heat – and your courage renews my determination. We’re gonna be dancing and singing (with Seymour) and helping other people with all that we have learned!

Every droplet less that you take *does* move the healing one step forward. You *are* healing, even though it *feels* like murder.

I think the anniversary of your father’s death and changing climate could very well have contributed to your temporary worsening. Probably 2 days off your supplements wouldn’t do anything, but it’s probably a better idea to be religious about your supplements. We are so sensitive to change.

How much Omega-3 are you taking?

<< knitting a vest for Seymour

-- Holger Kalweit