Page 43 of 56 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast

Thread: my history

Want to buy some electricity off me?

The pressure heads went away 2 days ago but instanty replaced with vibrating head in the high end. When you think things can't get any worse - THEY CAN. They went to extreme!

We buried my dad's ashes with close family members yesterday. I was glad that I didn't have any head issues which are usually painful and I detest goig out like that. I cope better with the vibes. In fact, I thought I coped really well with the day and even went out for lunch.

I am my own worse enemy at times, because I didn't do myself any favours. Because the naseau has gone I was so excited that I could have a cuppacino, which I did. Then I ordered greasy old fish & chips. Then, because my dad was a real red wine conssisseur, we all had a glass of red wine to toast to him. That went to my head real quick. Then I had another cuppacino!

Needless to say, the vibratios shot thru the roof to extreme, indigestion returned and the shakes. I knew we could come home (anhour's drive) and I could lie down and have my usual nap.) I cold not relax, so that didn't happen. I wasn't too worried because I thought I would sleep good at night.

Well, that didn't happen either. Even my eyes were shaking. I took some antacid, was doing breathing and relaxation exercises ever hour and but then the racing pulse and strong heartbeat... so after tossing and turning for 4 hours I got up and had hot milk. I was not game put chocolate or even honey in it. Then it was another hour before I got to sleep and then woke at 8.30 when hubby got up. I decided to not visit my (regular, weekly) friend and try and go back to sleep, but I couldn't.

It is like I am no a high, a car that is sitting still and being revvedthe guts out of! At least IT DOESN'T HURT!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    I'm sorry you haven't heard back from your pals, gD. It would be nice if people could reach out and exchange support when both are going through a hard time, but so often everyone retreats to their own corner to lick their own wounds.
    I have learnt a lot about people thru all this and hope then at the end f it, I will have more compassion and understanding - well already, I have. I have been quite hurt by people who don't do what you ask - like I said please visit for half an hour and they stay 2 hours; others say they will be back to help do such and such and never see them again and others begged and begged me not to cut them off but could they please visit so I said yes, but they never did! So weird! People are weird. I love the saying: "the more I get to know people, the more I love my cat"! lol

That is so great that you are genuinely feeling proud of yourself for your modest activities in the midst of a gigantic challenge. As Luc would say, that level of achievement will translate into spaceship-building when you are well. :)
    Okay, I had to go and see what I was so proud of! Yes, it is true and I am proud now - mind you at first IT WAS NOT GOOD! I am actually realising the advantage of the simple life - I watched a documentary of some Amish people and how their teenagers went to England to live for several weeks with the teenagers there! The contrast was STUPENDOUS! Then they reversed it and the English teens went to live with the Amish!

After that dinner, I felt encouraged also when I heard someone on tv say: "Just because there is a lot of effort/energy/motion happening, doesn't mean it is successful or worthwhile! Wow! This really amazed me (and got me back to the "simple life" thinking) because I had always used to be a very busy and active person. Then he said "even a clock that is working/going is right twice a day!" I love that!

That was a big deal attending the burial of your father's ashes, gD. I'm not surprised you couldn't relax. You need some time to absorb it.

You certainly are growing in wisdom from this experience! I salute you! People are definitely weird. And they're even weirder in dealing this illness.

Yeah, the simple life has a lot to recommend it. Good for healing, that's for sure. And good for getting in touch with what's really important.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    I'm sorry you haven't heard back from your pals, gD. It would be nice if people could reach out and exchange support when both are going through a hard time, but so often everyone retreats to their own corner to lick their own wounds. :)

Yes, again! Friends from Tasmania calledin yesterday. We saw them last July and I told them about my w/d. So... I expected them to ask how I was going! Not a mention! Silly me!! Still nothing from the local gals.

Back to left side issue - you asked about that before, and it was only in talking to someone else that I realised I have a couple of issues that I overlooked. Probably because they are so minor compared to others that I forget about them, but they ARE on the left side (whereas most of mine are on the right)
    1. My wrist - weak and cannot support me when doing exercises. I don't pay attention to it, thinking it is the same as the R foot thing. Some mornings I get up
    and it won't suport my weight but comes good after a bit.
    2. Side of L foot has been numb for about 10 years now. I told the dr. at the time and she just shrubbed her shoulders... so I put up with it.

Okay, oh boy, finally found it - I forgot to go advanced!! I think I lost the last post chasing up attachments. Anyway, hopefully I can put up Seymour's picture for Iggy! Yikes, i reduced it to 25% and it'still huge!

Quote Originally Posted by grandmaD View Post

Yes, again! Friends from Tasmania calledin yesterday. We saw them last July and I told them about my w/d. So... I expected them to ask how I was going! Not a mention! Silly me!! Still nothing from the local gals.
    I've told all my friends but when I think about it, no one ever asks me how I'm going with it either. I wonder if it's because they don't know what to say? Like when someone dies and people avoid talking about it.
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

Okay, oh boy, finally found it - I forgot to go advanced!! I think I lost the last post chasing up attachments. Anyway, hopefully I can put up Seymour's picture for Iggy! Yikes, i reduced it to 25% and it'still huge!
    Awwwwwwwwwww that's gorgeous!
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

I think you are doing the right thing about telling others about WD, GrandmaD. That is the way to go. If no one ever admitted that WD exists, there wouldn't be even this forum.
    Last edited by Luc; 02-15-2013 at 12:48 AM.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Hi Seymour!

Yeah, I say follow up with your friends -- kindly but firmly -- tell them how you are. I know that's hard, though. And maybe ask for what you need?

OK, interesting to hear you also have he left side issues. We'll continue to ponder this....
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit