Page 13 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: my history

You're doing a fantastic job, gD -- coping in general, as well as implementing your new kinder-to-self strategies.

I didn't have migraines, per se. But, I have had terrible tension and/or sinus headaches. In my case, I definitely feel there was a connection between all my muscle tension throughout my body and the menenges. Maybe it was just muscles, but I swear it felt like the tissue around the brain tightened in conjunction with tension in my face, jaw, neck, shoulders, back, legs.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    You're doing a fantastic job, gD -- coping in general, as well as implementing your new kinder-to-self strategies.

I didn't have migraines, per se. But, I have had terrible tension and/or sinus headaches. In my case, I definitely feel there was a connection between all my muscle tension throughout my body and the menenges. Maybe it was just muscles, but I swear it felt like the tissue around the brain tightened in conjunction with tension in my face, jaw, neck, shoulders, back, legs.
    I am pretty sure there is a muscle connection so it is ood to hear you confirm this. I am noticing that muscle tension in body gets worse when I get the headaches. I also think a connection with inflammation (perhaps of head) because I also get blocked nose, blocked ears and phlegm/spitting up.

A shocker of a week

Week 9 @ 6.6 summary

The Good
    Pressure heads, Palpitations, Breathlessness – improvement

The Bad
    Head vibrations; Weakness, tiredness, slowness and heaviness bad - same as wk 7
    Legs, ankles and feet are bad to moderate; Tight chest; Head banging throbs now and then, mod intensity – all same as previous weeks
    Flat/low/lethargy; sl teary; Sore head; Batcave; Itchies; Backaches back and muscle tension back in back, legs and arm; Vibrations – all worse
    A couple of days of no desire, feeling brain dead
    Indigestion – because I ate cake again (thinking surely now week 9 I can have some cake, plus appetite returns now and then. I also had a bought kebab. Next day a migraine and wondered if it had MSG in it as I was very thirsty after but also naseaus)
    Naseau back but only slight; can eat small meals, avoiding wheat to see if it helps
    Hubby had to cook twice and do the vacuuming this week
    Ear ringing up three levels, very intense and frequent
    The shakes (hands)

The Ugly

2 headaches – 1 was a bad tension head
    Followed by 2 days of feeling like a zombie, lethargic and brain dead
    Nerve burning/prickles on back. Couldn’t do my stretching back exercise on 2 days for this reason.
    Couple of days feeling strengthless with shaky legs

Sleep

2hrs to get to sleep as usual and waking several times after 2-3 hrs. Two nights woke every 1.5hrs and had trouble getting back to sleep with frightening and crazy dreams.
    Overall
    While I saw an improvement in symptoms I was looking for, ie palpitations, breathlessness and head pressure, other symptoms were much worse! A dreadful week, similar to week 7.

courage Grandmad!

Quote Originally Posted by grandmaD View Post
    OverallWhile I saw an improvement in symptoms I was looking for, ie palpitations, breathlessness and head pressure, other symptoms were much worse! A dreadful week, similar to week 7.
    That's totally normal, GrandmaD, though so unnervig for sure. As if it couldn't once and for all click in its proper place. But the weeks vary from another - let us hope that the next one will be better. Hang in there!
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Oh, crud! That sounds like just an awful week. I really can’t believe what we go through. It’s surreal. But your nervous system *wants* to heal, and it knows what to do. You *will* finish with this torture. I’ve been thinking of you and I so admire how you’re handling this.

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

continue to take neuros toxic gives suffering, stop often gives more suffering before giving less !...

Courage for sure!

Thanks all for being there...reassuring to know others been there/going thru same torture! My brain started to return about 2 or 3 days ago and I feel more "normal", that is semi human, but normal for me.

Stan, very timely words .... toxic while you still take ..... GOOD REMINDER because do you know what? I was serisoulsy considereing taking another AD to help me sleep. My brain was dead anyway. (the one Dr. twitched me to but made me a zombie) The idea of being a zombie sounded good, because I am not sleeping, vibes are hi in head and body, stressed out, high strong revving up feeling. But then a few ays ago brain started to come good.

Now, all nerves on eddge - high anxiety ... because of news from son no. 1. I hadn't spoken to him in months, but rang - no answer - rang and left a message and finallyyesterday he rang back ..... informs me dr. put him on ad! I am so STARK RAVING MAD, ANGRY AS HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My son already for years on epilepsy tablets (that he doesn't take EVERY day and suffers) ......... anyway, he on mobile only, so tried to talk as fast and furious as I could.

Is called CIPRAMIL 20MG that he is on. Is this as bad as aropax?

So sorry to hear your son started taking SSRIs, GrandmaD... It's hard to say which one is the worst, though, many say Effexor and Paxil are in the top two (of the worst ones)...

As for your son, does he know about the side-effects of those drugs? Is it possible to tell him about this forum or similar places, where he could read more about it?

I also hope you were only "considering taking another AD to help you sleep"..., and you would never do it in the final equation. We all know where it leads, and how it would worsen your current situation.

Rought times, indeed. At least there has been some improvement since two days... Hang in there!
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

cipramil (citalopram or celexa)= SRI, is the crap i was put on after 12 years paxil;

they are all dangerous in long term
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish