Thread: my history

Hybrid View

Thanks Luc, where are you from? Yes, you are right, I was much relieved to discover it was not me and then saddened to discover manyh others in the same boat. People used to say to me "you look well" and I felt like crap and ugly inside! I felt so insulted! If only they knew. But it is reassuring to find you guys who DO KNOW!

"Tapering these drugs would be impossible if we didn't know the existence of w/d" Oh, how right you are! Also without these sites! I must admit, being older, I did not trust the internet. The thought crossed my mind, but I rejected it for 4 years! I finally got up the courage in Dec 2010 to "sneak a look" and that was when I saw all these people with the same symptoms as myself and the suggestion that my symptoms may not be me, but, in fact, withdrawal! So thanks, to you guys for the work you do for us all!

Quote Originally Posted by grandmaD View Post
    Thanks Luc, where are you from? Yes, you are right, I was much relieved to discover it was not me and then saddened to discover manyh others in the same boat. People used to say to me "you look well" and I felt like crap and ugly inside! I felt so insulted! If only they knew. But it is reassuring to find you guys who DO KNOW!
    I'm a European. :) It's kinda linked with what you rightly are writing next in your post/s - thanks to the Web, we've been able to help another despite our all being physically so far away. Hadn't it been for it, no chance in hell we could go through WD.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.