Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A possible explanation for dizziness following SSRI discontinuation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    They don’t really know why some people – overwhelmingly middle-aged women – get this after being on a boat or other vehicle. I mean, most people don’t get it, right? It’s another mystery neurological disorder. Wouldn’t it be interesting if the people who get it happen to be on or coming off of psych meds, and no one has noticed that pattern?!
    Darn, just realized it may be very true! Look at the symptoms they mention;

"Symptoms most frequently reported include a persistent sensation of motion usually described as rocking, swaying, or bobbing; difficulty maintaining balance; extreme fatigue; and difficulty concentrating ("brain fog"). [...] dizziness, visual disturbances (such as seeing motion, inability to focus etc.), headaches and/or migraine headaches, confusion, and anxiety. [...] ear symptoms such as hyperacusis, tinnitus, "fullness", pain, or even decreased hearing. Cognitive impairment ("brain fog") includes an inability to recall words, short term memory loss, and an inability to multi-task. [...]

Symptoms are increased by stress, lack of sleep, crowds, flickering lights, loud sounds, fast or sudden movements, enclosed areas or busy patterns.
    "

If this isn't WD, I don't know what is...
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Meanwhile, the one tip the Wiki had for ameliorating it is this –

“For most balance and gait disorders, some form of displacement exercise is thought helpful (for example walking, jogging, or bicycling but not on a treadmill or stationary bicycle).”
    I fully second this idea. Perhaps, starting with a short walk, then slightly extending it, would turn out to be really beneficial, Squirrel? This would offer your CNS this not imposing, but stimulating push towards its self-correction?
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

I do try when I can but sometimes its not possible because the anxiety kicks in. The symptoms do seem to be very similar to withdrawl.