Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sleep issues

I don't need the valerian anymore. I'm back to the old ways of sleeping ok until the next Aropax (Paxil) drop kicks in. About 2 weeks at present. Then I sleep badly for a few days before it settles again. Last night it took me 2 hours to fall asleep :S
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

how is sleep with lap-band ? Junior.
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

insomnia and very poor sleep

Until to 45 years (before AD), I slept 8/9 hours and was fine all day, I had always been a background anxiety / panic at times but I lived with properly;

during the AD, it was done subtly slowly, I slept for 14 hours and dozed in the office, a very bad sleep;

Today, I have trouble sleeping 3 or 4 hours and nightmares and nocturia and dry mouth and back pains and zaps shocks and ... in horizontal position

paxil destroyed me my sleep system as in many drug addicts

I read that it will improve
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Lack of sleep is a devastating symptom. After just a few days, I find I start to feel incredibly fragile, crazy, vulnerable. Then, one good sleep restores my belief that I will probably survive.

My sleep was terrible for years in w/d. About 4 hours per day for a year or so. Then, 5 hours per day for a couple of years. Then, slowly, non-linearly, getting better.

The general advice these days is to avoid a nap, so that you will be more likely to sleep at night. However, I have found that I got better quality sleep in my naps than at night (maybe because of the cortisol level in the afternoon). And it has worked better for me to take a big nap every day, and sleep less at night.

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

I go back to bed in the mornings, after getting my son on his bus. He is picked up and taken to his day program. I feel lazy because I don't start my day properly until about 11am but it seems to work! It's better at weekends because I can sleep through until about 9am :-p
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

As rough as it still is for me in the insomnia department, it has managed to improve since early WD. I hope it will keep improving in the months to come. How is it going, Junior? Sleeping better these days?
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.