Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help and advice

Need help and advice

Ok, serious stuff here, folks. I'm afraid I'll have to go to a dentist this Friday. Don't know for sure, but the new filling may be needed. What kind of advice do you have about the type of painkillers that should be avoided by the dentist during the procedure, and what suggestions would you have in general? I must admit in my present wave it's going to be really rough, but not much choice there.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Hi luc

I ask for the injection for pregnant mums, the ordinary one affects me badly. Sorry don't know the name of it

Good luck, hope it goes well, I had a filling no injection, and it made me worse but only mildly for a couple of days

Poodle bell

I have one without adrenaline in it.

one year ago i go extract two molar, not the same day of course, i was fainting one time (from fear i think, vagus nerve), the dentist made me sit and it was near ok;
    i spoke nothing about injection syringue
    one or two days after i was a little more with W/D symptomes, but nothing significant
    the worse for me was blood flowing from hole, at night and the day after, but i arrive to stop it ;
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Update; went to the dentist yesterday. Didn't ask for any painkillers during the procedure - I don't know how my CNS would react. It took the dentist lots of time to fix the tooth. Lots of drilling, etc. Crazy stuff. Unfortunately, the stress of waiting for the visit and the whole procedure have worsened things a lot, but I hope for it to improve at some point. Thank you for all of your advice and kind words, folks.

Luc that sounds terrible. I hope you get better soon.

French Café Moderator Cosette123's Avatar
    My thoughts are with you,Luc.
    Severe anxiety since childhood .SSRIs for OCD.
    Major traumatism in my life:Prozac during short periods.
    Deroxat (=Paxil) during 7 years.
    Three unsuccessful atempts to quit.
    Deroxat free since may 2008 (Cold turkey )

OK, everyone who reads this thread, let's send soothing, calming, healing, to our Luc! An experiment in group intention!

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Thank you so much, everyone. It's been really really rough. But hanging in here. It's unbelievable how sensitive our systems are to all kinds of triggers. But don't give up.

Sorry you are having a tough time, Luc. Sending you healing vibes right now... Send us an update when you are up to it.
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anaïs Nin