Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Letter to GSK Netherlands

Today I received an answer of GSK to my last letter. And their reaction is even more disgusting as I had expected.
    I will give a translation of the letter

Dear Mr. xxxx

We received your letter of 12 April 2013 in good order.
    We have treated your initial question and request for care according to our best knowledge and power. You told us not to allow us access to your medical record or general practitioner to analyse this further. We respect your decision and will leave it at our reaction of 11 July 2012.

From your letter of 12 April 2013 speak an enourmous anger. And it appears that the more informaiton we give you, the higher your anger becomes. We think doing better to break out of that circle and therefore will leave it at this last reaction.

GSK always has informed internation authoritites and prescribers about the possible side effects of Seroxat via the generic canals. Of course other manufactureers are responsible by themselves to take care 0f a good handling of their products. Therefore we take the freedom to refer you those the manufactorer of the generic variant you used.

We close the dossier.

Best regards,

GSK B.V.
    Dr. R.W. van Olden
    Director Medical & Regulatory

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does this make one puke or not....???
    Last edited by Claudius; 05-17-2013 at 11:51 AM.
    Recovering from the ravages of withdrawal after 5 years on Paxil/Seroxat, originally prescribed for stress and, looking backward, PTSS.
    Though it is hardly possible to get something positive from the utter hell of repeated c/t's and protracted w/d, all of this unnecessary, I still believe in the possiblity to emerge from this as a healed, wiser human being.
    All we need is just a little patience - Guns N' Roses

You're doing your absolutely best, Claudius, considering you still have some way to go WD-wise. Hats off to you!

You know, even if, at first glance, it looks like stone-walling, it is in fact not. Your every action, your every letter, your every advice given to those who need it, it all works. Sometimes not instantaneously, but it works. The great thing is that, as community, we are able to express our feelings now - they have their medical magazines and "ghost studies" they sponsor, but we have the Internet. Also, the truth is on our side. We will win.

Thank you so much for sharing with us this letter. Let us keep dismantling the system piece after piece.

Ps Technically speaking, they said in this letter thay sever any contact with you?
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Thanks for your word Luc! And though I did not really expect sonething else from this criminal company, of course at the same time you always hope that the person reading and handling the compaint will realize that something ie really wrong with these pills and the way GSK has handled it. The letter was signed from the medical director of GSK Netherlands so this is the proof that nothing has changed for the better at them.

The most disgusting part of the answer of GSK that they absolutely refuse to answer my legitime questions and totally refuse to admit any guilt or offer any help, despite the gigantic malversations regarding Paxil/Seroxat which made it to the media last decade.

And even more disgusting is the way he dismissed my "anger".
    Which person would not feel anger by realizing being used as a guinea pig by a multinational who push a horrific drug by branding is as "medicine", paying for that with years of my life, and almost with my life itself?

I will not write them again, but use this letter in further publications (I am still in touch with a journalist although the article I wrote for her did not make it to the newspapers) and also post the original Dutch reaction of GSK on the upcoming Dutch cafe section, as a proof for all the Dutch readers.

Ps Technically speaking, they said in this letter thay sever any contact with you?
    Yes that is what they did! Because of not allowing me access to my medical record... This company is really rotten to the core.
    Last edited by Claudius; 05-17-2013 at 12:31 PM.
    Recovering from the ravages of withdrawal after 5 years on Paxil/Seroxat, originally prescribed for stress and, looking backward, PTSS.
    Though it is hardly possible to get something positive from the utter hell of repeated c/t's and protracted w/d, all of this unnecessary, I still believe in the possiblity to emerge from this as a healed, wiser human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
    Thanks Luc, and I did really expect sonething else from this criminal companly, but of course at the same tome you always hope that the person reading and handling the compaint will realize that something ie really wrong with these pills and the way GSK has handled it. The letter was signed from the medical director of GSK Netherlands so this is the proof that nothing has changed for the better at them.
    Tell you this, they do not live in the vacuum, somehow miraculously seperated from reality. It's guaranteed, this and other letters have been reaching them, both on a personal and professional level. It's just that, from a technical point of view, they will be going in denial as far as they can, until they hit the wall and the whole Machine breaks down - there are hundreds of billions of $$$ (or whatever else currency we will put in here) at stake and they will be defending it as much as they can. But, again, I've seen so many times the same thing over and over again - putting it colloquially - if you are in denial too long, it eventually comes back to bite you.

Have you seen this post, Claudius? ---> http://antidepressantwithdrawal.info...on-and-healing That's what it's all about.

You've made a dent in the wall of lies with your letters - I have no dout about it. Don't ever let others convince you otherwise.

I can only hope my Google translator got it right; blijven vechten op alle mogelijke niveaus!

thanks for all sufferer Claudius,

we will continue to work to show the truth for helping victims
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    blijven vechten op alle mogelijke niveaus!
    Good translation Luc!

Well, I am recovered somehat from the shock of the answer of GSK.
    I think it is useless to write them again but that does not mean that I do not continue with the fight for justice.

I wrote a new letter to the director of the Dutch center of medicine safety. The director is a former politician with a good and honest reputation and one of the very few who asked questions about the safety of these meds in the Dutch Parliament. Maybe she has not really much power but I am sure she is not currupt and will read my letter.
    It is not sent yet but I will puiblish here a translation by Google:

To: The Director of Dutch Centre Lareb,
    Ms XXXXXXX
    XXXXXX
    XXXXXX

Subject: reports Seroxat / Paroxetine and handling manufacturer GlaxoSmithKline

Utrecht, May 22, 2013

Dear Mrs. XXXXX,

I would like the following to share with you my experience with regard to the drug Seroxat / Paroxetine I therefore now ten years ago was prescribed for my then anxiety and hyperventilation complaints in 2002.,
    I came in very serious trouble by my attempts to build for the first time in 2005.'s Plea Although I followed this directive in leaflet I became so sick of the withdrawal symptoms that time I saw no other option than to start taking the drug. Again

I was apart of repeat prescriptions, no supervision of the prescribing physician and was never explained to me about the risks of this product, also gave no information on the leaflet here.
    In 2007 I stopped for the last time with the product and have the withdrawal barely survived. When I had recovered from the gruesome and seemingly endless persistent withdrawal symptoms, somewhat after a few years (!) Reached me more and more information about this "medicine", the huge controversy over it and the many reports, TV reports and publications that exactly matched my horrible experience with this drug.
    I have, when I was here physically, mentally and neurologically weather capable, all described in detail in a letter of complaint to the general practice that I will most hours. These letter My current doctor is now convinced of the accuracy of this information but also admits to do except the commitment that they basically never prescribe to new patients. Paroxetine not much more

Furthermore I recently reported my experience to manufacturer and developer of the drug GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), which, as evidenced by numerous articles and reports, an extremely dubious role played all the problems to the point of absurdity continues to deny and appears repeatedly gone herein to come up with paying a huge fine (which according to an article on Artsennet.nl for GSK "a pittance" is), without the victims of their "guinea pig pills" here for further compensation received.
    After I initially received a noncommittal response from GSK which parts of the leaflet were copied and their highly misleading definition of "addiction" once again was repeated, I have a follow-up letter the Director gecontronteerd with all the details of my experience, the lack leaflet that still does not workable reduction schedules and numerous publications in the media over the past decade indeed confirm these extreme problems.
    Also, I have some questions put to him in this letter about how GSK intends to address these problems and me and the other victims thinking of going offset.

The only response from the director was that he he "took the liberty" because of my "anger" and to GSK full access to my medical records to give my refusal me by referring to the manufacturer of the generic Paroxetine variant that my pharmacy and provided further stated file! unilaterally closed
    Furthermore, he none of my - very legitimate - questions answered and witness his reaction of an infinite arrogance and a complete lack of even the slightest whit empathy. And for someone who is doctor and should stick. Consequently to the Hippocratic Oath An oath which include the following prescribed but which I find nothing back in his response:

I suggest the importance of the patient first and reverent
    beliefs. I will do no harm to the patient. I listen
    and will inform him well. I will keep secret what I think
    entrusted.
    I will promote the medical knowledge of myself and others.
    I recognize the limits of my abilities. I shall open and
    assessable manner.
    (Source:

I would ask you to take note of any information in my letter and its annexes careful note and you realize that the situation is very serious and many people to despair are driven by dependency and terrible withdrawal symptoms caused by this means, in the sense that it is virtually impossible for large numbers of people to build off while the manufacturer has deliberately misled people by claiming that it means "not addictive" was, that this is a definition that was used by virtually anyone to understand.
    A publication from 2003, following a multi-part report on the BBC (see appendices) shows this already. There are also many people in the Netherlands who like me have fallen by the consequences of the withdrawal / on the sick list for years and quit his left. Fully to their fate

Furthermore, I insist that GSK still in good conscience answers to the questions I asked them. As I point out in my letter I became prolonged unable to work by the effects of Paxil, must now survive on a benefit level of assistance and legal action for me not feasible. I hope it Lareb herein may mean something to me.

Of course I had already reported my experience through the website to Lareb. I think there really urgent action is required, it is impossible to be played and there is no time to lose it this way. Lives with I have every confidence in the integrity of the Lareb (unlike those of GSK) and have also found that you have asked for the potential problems of such resources on an increasing scale as the Member of Parliament as one of the few attention populations are released.

I hope for a response on your part.

Sincerely,

Klaas xxxxx
    xxxx
    xxxx

Attachments:
    My letter of complaint to the general practice
    My correspondence with manufacturer GlaxoSmithKline
    A few of the patients reported about Paxil / Seroxat as done petitiononline.
    Last edited by Claudius; 05-22-2013 at 12:50 PM.

Keep up the great work, Claudius! Very good about enclosing the data thing to the letter. I'm really cuorius what they are going to write back. Please, keep us updated.

Good job, Claudius. You might want to add at the end that you are available to talk with her or her staff, if they have any questions.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

it is a long hard road...
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish