Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Letter to GSK Netherlands

(part 1)

GlaxoSmithKline
    Attn

Dear Sir ....

I would like to respond to your letter of complaint .... 2012. Because my life is still the state of the enormous damage by the withdrawal of my five-year Paxil-use, I still busy one this to gather new information and am addition, even with the limitations I have to Seroxat on account to start a new career, my reaction to some time in coming.

I submit to this letter the complaint, I immediately noticeable that this form gives little space to absorb my disastrous experience with Seroxat / Paroxetine and also takes no account of the difference between side effects during use and withdrawal / discontinueringseffecten.
    I will enclose various annexes in detail my experience with this "drug", this may be considered as a description of the adverse reaction.
    I also send a summary note of the Paxil / Seroxat petition site which very clearly shows how ten to hundreds of thousands of people stop the use, in particular the phasing / (yet also an essential phase of the use!) Have experienced and I therefore determined not alone in my experience.

I have after careful consideration and consultation with the family doctor decided to give in my medical file, GSK no access also in view of the trade way of GSK regarding Paxil / Seroxat I have in the past three years to my great dismay and disgust knowledge of taken and the consequences of which unfortunately for me, and hundreds of thousands with me, the bitter reality.
    Also the way in which GSK responded word me that "the severity of the side big enough is by to inform the authorities of this", and that in combination with the deluge of information about Paxil from the last more than ten years, the right business, TV reports with the outrageous negative strategy of the then responsible for GSK Seroxat within, mr. Alastair Benbow (a name that many Seroxat victims still shivers), I find witnessing an extreme cynicism.

And to answer a question from the letter, I have not swallowed the Seroxat GSK but a generic Paroxetine variant of MERCK, do this for my case not relevant because CSF (then SKB) the development of the drug, the studies for admission has taken place and also the person is, as evidenced by the numerous patient reports, lawsuits and TV reports about Seroxat / Paxil (already when the drug was generic available not yet) has been in the tens of thousands of people through various channels report were no longer with totally kidding the means to stop despite their intense desire and motivation to do so.

As I explain in my letter of complaints to general practice I was every time so sick after every attempt to stop the "low" dose of 10 mg swallow the only way was to make it disappear the range to totally unbearable complaints again and back to work can I have the last three years of the use, in which period I certainly did five stop attempts, was effectively a prisoner of the drug and my career already was in a downward spiral by the long illness reports after each quit attempt and forced restart.
    Either in normal Dutch "addicted", regardless of what the pharmacy may find. In this context I met in an English letter of complaint about Paxil / Seroxat the term "Alcatraz in a pill bottle" and I can think of no better metaphor.

Unfortunately I was then unaware of the fiddling with the defintitie of "addictive", I was not ready to start my own research and I'm just like the other victims total put on the wrong foot by GSK's explanation that the drug was not addictive and the withdrawal symptoms "mild and within three weeks."
    Now am I however, through trial and error on the height of the repulsive semantic language trick GSK, as well as various other pharmaceutical companies, is operating to withdrawal symptoms completely separate pair of "addiction" and one could claim that the plea without any shame gewetenwroeging, was addictive.
    As you still agree repeats in your letter with dry eyes, even shows stop for large numbers of people to its normal function makes years impossible by the miserable electrical tingling flow shocks, the diarrhea, the puke, the most horrible experience of their lives the cognitive loss and other physical / mental / neurological onttrekkingsverschijsenlen that according to the package insert for Paxil and following all official websites, however "mild and within three weeks".
    A claim that was taken over earlier agents apparently directly, because it is literally back in the leaflet of various psychiatric drugs and not apparently specifically for paroxetine is examined, and certainly not after prolonged use.

Your defense that the leaflet now states that these signs may last for some time do not touch the core When I fall in 2007 was of 10 mg according to GSK a safe dose with stop-and withdrawal symptoms after three weeks stopped still no way were about even yet continued to increase in intensity I was there indeed on prepared that it would be able to somewhat longer last.
    But how had I can ever have imagined that I as the GSK-mentioned three weeks, my life still is determined by the persistent flow shocks, tingling and other after five and a half years, or sixty-six months or two hundred and eighty weeks, meanwhile almost a factor of a hundred times as long as bizarre neurological problems though there are also some withdrawal symptoms have now disappeared.
    A period long enough to get a lot to lose: job, savings, etc. I should prices anyway retelling myself happy in the knowledge that many victims of the Seroxat "withdrawal syndrome" without social / financial safety net and had no other option than suicide more without any medical recognition or support of the manufacturer.

And again for the record, it was not to here "return of the original condition" but to the impossibility of functioning by the continuing withdrawal symptoms that I had never experienced before definitely not part were of the "original condition" and by the majority of the tens or hundreds of thousands of (ex) Paxil users are reported as an intolerable and very long-term sustained torture.
    I find it incomprehensible that you nowhere refers in your response to the existing long-time extreme problems with Paxil / Seroxat and the dubious role that GSK has played in it. GSK recently sentenced to one billion fine for large-scale fraud with the deliberate withholding of safety information about other Seroxat where large numbers of children have paid a terrible price.
    See (hyperlink)
    Recovering from the ravages of withdrawal after 5 years on Paxil/Seroxat, originally prescribed for stress and, looking backward, PTSS.
    Though it is hardly possible to get something positive from the utter hell of repeated c/t's and protracted w/d, all of this unnecessary, I still believe in the possiblity to emerge from this as a healed, wiser human being.
    All we need is just a little patience - Guns N' Roses

(second part)

I would therefore the following questions explicitly to ask and expects an honest answer point by point. Perhaps unnecessarily, I ought to say that I will use any response to this letter in my future publications on this topic.

-Realize you that the vague description of "not addictive" very misleading is for both doctors and patients and that many users can not stop or will totally unprepared are affected in terrible misery serious approach divided by this lack of explanation in the package inserts and are damaged?

Do you realize that the existing Directive phasing in increments of 10 mg or in consultation with the attending physician slower, "still extremely vague and unclear, according to many reports for doctors?

-Realize you that this lack of explanation patients, but also doctors themselves to experiment with dosages, and therefore sometimes try to swallow the other day or store which is very dangerous with paroxetine doses about this by the fluctuating mirror unbearable symptoms can cause the brains that never get used slightly lower dose gradually to a step by step?

-How is it possible you think that after the publicity around 2002, the multi-part TV documentary "Paxil Taken on Trust" on the BBC and the tens of thousands of patients reports about unbearable withdrawal symptoms, people in the year 2013 still Paroxetine / Seroxat get prescribed for all kinds of life problems without adequate warning for the withdrawal / withdrawal and the excruciating withdrawal symptoms still are regularly quite wrongly as "relapse or worsening of the underlying disease" dismissed?

-Why GSK in the leaflet not to, such as Wikipedia page with the source is acknowledged to-read under, Seroxat / Paroxetine gives the toughest withdrawal symptoms of all antidepressants, both in terms of opportunity to this as the seriousness of it, so that the patient this note is able to exert in his or her choice of the drug to go away, or first select a drug to a lesser extent, these problems?

Why does GSK hiding behind trials of more than 20 years ago and GSK consistently refuses to take the deluge of information from the user community and to take adequate security measures to protect the health of the users?

What is your opinion about the fact that a foundation Cinderella proposed in easily dosable outfitting strips, paroxetine on the market but the marketing department of the pharmaceutical companies producing "not commercially viable" found?
    (Incidentally, already provides the suspension dose on the tenth milli grams and thus relatively safe off to build but appears largely unknown for many people, not like I have a chemical / scientific background, too complicated).
    See:

-What steps do GSK put the information leaflets to people who want to reduce / stop now know what they should do? Especially Alone adjust the recommendation to build in steps of 10 mg increments of up to 10% (with minimum of 3 weeks between the steps) and a ferme warning against the alternating dosing is a minimal adaptation at minimal cost people a lot of node-free. misery and suffering can save many people can save lives!

What GSK is going to do for the people who have been badly damaged due to the phase and whose lives are sometimes totally destroyed by the unbearable and persistent extraction / withdrawal problems of Seroxat / Paroxetine?

And finally, when GSK let's really see that she has reformed her life as you can read in previously mentioned article on Artsennet.nl:
    "GSK chief executive Andrew Witty has apologized for the misconduct of his company," played out in a different era '.

Either, when GSK's show her compassion in word and deed for the victims of Paxil as a result of the totally inadequate and partly erroneous disclosures about doctors and patients?
    And goes approaching to offer assistance are active in these users have sustained injury as a result of the abuses "from a different era" Andrew Witty this euphemistically describes severe and prolonged and there in the present era, the consequences of under find, ?

I'm me there is further of aware that legal action of a private individual now a benefit on bijstandsnivau against a multinational company such as GSK, for a billion fine is a pittance "no chance of winning but I will matter in the coming years very critical and continue to monitor active and happy reach me more and more reports that more doctors are increasingly aware of the enormous controversy surrounding this means and will also contribute within my ability to continue to bring this out into the open and to support their co-victims often heavy and unbearable process of withdrawal from paroxetine.

I look forward to your well-reasoned response.

Sincerely,

Klaas xxxxxxxx

Attachments:
    My letter of complaint to the general practice
    A summary of the petition site Paxil / Seroxat
    A from the heart gripped my contribution on the forum of Tros Radar
    Recovering from the ravages of withdrawal after 5 years on Paxil/Seroxat, originally prescribed for stress and, looking backward, PTSS.
    Though it is hardly possible to get something positive from the utter hell of repeated c/t's and protracted w/d, all of this unnecessary, I still believe in the possiblity to emerge from this as a healed, wiser human being.

Fantastic, Claudius! Please, remember everyone, the "system" wants us to think we are powerless, but it can't be further from the truth. The wind is changing big time, and not because it is changing on its own, but because people are fighting back. The truth is breaking through faster and faster. Nothing can ever stop it now. The coming months and years are going to be incredible.

Every letter, every watched and shared video and link, every person that we inform about ADs, it all weakens this monster of a system. Please, keep us updated, Claudius! And keep fighting!
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Very nice letter, Claudius. My favorite phrase --
    the repulsive semantic language trick
    I think you're ready for prime time. What about contacting a few journalists and inviting them to interview you???
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

I am also in contact with more and more victims in the Netheraldns and some of them are consulting psychiatrists which are fully aware of the problem and try to help them with the WD proces using the Seroxat suspension.
    One psychiatrist even told one of my mail contacts that he had never seen this 10 % reduction scheme before but was very positive about it and now uses it to get her off very slowly. Her mother mailed me today that they will be me eternally grateful for my information!
    So there is change, even by some psychiatrist!
    This is just fantastic, Claudius! Good for you! You are really helping people. Making a crucial difference. Your countrymen are so lucky to have your knowledge and empathy.

And that might be the very first psychiatrist I have *ever* heard of who embraced the 10% guideline!

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    I think you're ready for prime time. What about contacting a few journalists and inviting them to interview you???
    You wrote on the forum on Tros Radar? Do they do a TV show? Radio?

-- Holger Kalweit

That would be a terrific idea, Claudius, if you had enough energy of course, to contact some journalists. What do you think? Kudos again for all you are doing.

I sent my final letter to GSK today so at least I will keep them busy for a while. And also paln to use this letter in future publications and at least I can say that I informed the manufacturer.

Yes I am in tough with a journalist, I wrote to her in response to an article about "relapse after stopping an antidepressant". I got the impression that the article was well-meant but unfortuantely did not address the WD issue very well and failed to make a good distinction bwtween relapse and WD. The journalist was shocked after reading my letter and very willing to include my experince in the final article, which is supposed to be publised in some regional newspapers.
    She also told me to have plans for another article about quitting PAroxetine and asked for my support. Of course I offered her all ccoperation, until now no news from her side. But there is something shift going on!

Quote Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
    She also told me to have plans for another article about quitting PAroxetine and asked for my support. Of course I offered her all ccoperation, until now no news from her side. But there is something shift going on!
    Lots of really good news, especially this one. Thanks for the update.

There's a huge change under way. Huge. To anyone reading this thread - now and in the future - with common, unrelenting effort we can achieve everything.

Well done, Claudius! You might just send the journalist a one-line email telling her you’re enthusiastic about providing her with any background information she needs.

I’m glad you feel the shift, too! There *is* a shift going on….

-- Holger Kalweit